Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-26-2005, 01:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Does Hunter have nightmares? Victor does..not as much now but when he first came he would tremble and howl in his sleep...scared out of his wits..i would warp him up in my arms and sing him Who's afraid of the big bad woof..his special song..i think he was lost at night for he doen'st want much to do with the world out there when darkness hits..he is a quick out and it..with saucers eyes if you know what i mean..we had company once right after i got him and he took one look at them and started shivering..i thought he was going to bolt right out of the yard..and run away. I took him around the house until they left..(they were there to pick up Jacob) i believe it ws the teenage girl that petrified him so. I wish i knew his story..i wish i could erase all the pain. I know exactly how you feel Elin. The one thing i was most grateful fro Bronki was that i gave him a life of no misery, no anger, no violence..that was one dog that knew only love from day one to his last..I am so happy hunter fell into your arms for the rest of his life and will never know mean people again.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-26-2005, 01:41 PM
a.k.a: agilitydobemom

I know how you feel Rocky was abused he hid under my bed for the first two weeks I had him if you havn't you should read his story under the dog storys section he is starting to be more condident now that we are doing agility to build his confidence but he cracks me up because he will bark at some one until they get to close then he runs like a big sissy and hides behind me I remember one time when I was walking him a few months after I got him and this started laughing that was wallking down the street too because Rocky was hiding behind me as the guy walked by he said "not much of a guard dog is he"

He sends the special ones to us when we are least expecting them
Old 07-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

Aw my sweat Hunter...you should see how he sleeps with Grammy,,,,head back on his back...back feet straight out, front paws curled with his huge chest waiting for his night-night rub. And yes, he does dream alot !! Also, I turned quickly once and the poor boy cowered and closed his eyes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sniff

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Top Dog

Yes, Grammy and smkie... Hunter DOES have what I would like to think of "dreams", but now that you talk about the howling. He does sometimes howl in his sleep. I sure hope he's just hearing a siren in his brain and isn't re-living the "awful times". I've read through all the posts of others with their babies having similiar backgrounds. Doesn't it just add to the satisfaction that they're so happy now? Hunter tries to be so brave. Like when the AC guy was here. He didn't even know it! (Not a great watchdog, that Hunter ). The guy was outside of my bathroom window working on the AC unit. Hunter didn't even know he was there. I all of a sudden and raised the bathroom window to talk to the guy. When Hunter heard his voice, he freaked out barking. Knowing he was supposed to be my protector, but he was very afraid. He did run into the bathroom and raised his front paws up onto the windowsill to try and see the guy below. Once the man came into the house to talk to me, Hunter freaked out barking and cowering and looking at me like "Mamma! What should I do!?" It was pitiful. The man wasn't really a "dog guy" like most service guys... which made it worse. He finally reached his hand out to Hunter and let him sniff it and I told Hunter it was OK. After that, Hunter just tip-toed around him sniffing his shoes, hands, and... you guessed it... his BUTT!!! LOLOL!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Wild Dog

He's very lucky to be with a owner like you.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

Ohhhh that hunter's a great butt sniffer !!! Especially when I get out of the shower !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2005, 08:25 PM
yuckaduck

I am so happy that you are the one who adopted Hunter as many people would have no patience with him. You have such a big heart and he is a very lucky doggy.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Jerk.

I think your on to something Irish, Bluedawg is great with adults its kids that get his hackles up. The couple I got Blue from had 2 small children and apperently a mean little dog. If Blue gets a small amount of time with indevidual dogs and kids he does good and makes me proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin