Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Active Pup

Default Found Kitten: Story & Cute Pics!

Thought I would share with you...

3 weeks ago, my husband was going outside to light our sauna and low and behold found a little kitten crawling up from underneath it.

She was way too young to be away from her momma, maybe only about 4 weeks old. We searched and searched to see if there were more, or to see if we could find the mom. No luck. We also spotted a fox the night before and unfortunately we fear the worse. We think the fox might have gotten the mom and the rest of the babies.

So we took in this little dirty thing, cleaned her up and now three weeks later she is part of our furbaby family (2 cats, 4 guinea pigs, and 2 bunnies).

She is doing great, and we have named her "Kate". She will be getting spayed some time in October/November.

Thought I would share some pics of when we found her 3 weeks ago, and how she has grown so much to now:

The Fur Baby Place: Live Chat, Contests & Prizes, Points & Rewards, Virtual Pub
Old 07-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Rusty but Trusty

very cute kitty. It's sad to think what really did happen to the momma and babies though. I hope the fox didn't get them.

Old 07-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Not crazy...

Its good you actually looked for the mom. Its always best to just leave the kitten, no matter how hard it seems, becasue usally the mom is just moving it, but hearing about the fox and how you looked for the mom, you did the right thing. Congrats, shes adorable

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 07-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

Furbaby,
What a beautiful kitten. I'm so glad she found you! I used to have guinea pigs too, I miss having them. Can you post pics of them?