Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Naturally Natural

I love my dogs and my dobes are better than everyone elses I love my dogs minds the best - they think, have great senses of humor, they are very intuitive, and sense things that none of my other dogs have ever sensed - my moods, my wants, needs, etc.

My favorite breeders are a lot different than other what other people would want in a favorite breeder, so it's hard to say my recommendations would be BETTER than someone elses (of course I think they are ) - my breeder recommendations are breeders that focus more on the working aspect of the breed, because I personally believe that the doberman needs to be preserved as a working breed. I enjoy the breed as such, and focus on it personally, and prefer to look at breeders who strive to include that nature in their breeding program, so my favorite breeders would reflect that, which may not necessarily be the reflection in other breeders recommended by other members on this board.

My ideal breeders health test thoroughly, have dogs that meet standard structure wise, have good stable temperaments (keep in mind, I do not believe that a good proper doberman IS like a golden retriever!), and are out there actively working their dogs and enjoying their working nature. I of course love my breeder (Beja), and there are some other good breeders out there that focus on all aspects of the breed I consider important (health, working ability, structure and temperament) - not just one or two facets.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Thank for the posts.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I didn't see this earlier BP, but I'd have to say that I love Rumor's sense of humor. She's captivating to watch when she's being "serious," but she can almost always make me laugh. Her exuberant happy dance she performs when I come home always puts a smile on my face as well.

While it can be trying at times, I do have to say I love her intelligence. When I say no, you can see her little brain start to work. "Well, she may have said no, but I know there must be some sort of loophole I can find..."
Old 02-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Naturally Natural

Yup - for a dobe, no is never the final answer. No is more of a suggestion. Temporary at best.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I didn't see this earlier BP, but I'd have to say that I love Rumor's sense of humor. She's captivating to watch when she's being "serious," but she can almost always make me laugh. Her exuberant happy dance she performs when I come home always puts a smile on my face as well.

While it can be trying at times, I do have to say I love her intelligence. When I say no, you can see her little brain start to work. "Well, she may have said no, but I know there must be some sort of loophole I can find..."
This is so funny to me- Bella does this as well. They sound great.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim View Post
Yup - for a dobe, no is never the final answer. No is more of a suggestion. Temporary at best.
Oh dear lord YES! It can be entertaining..........and it can also be FRUSTRATING!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Well Jazz is my first but I will never not have one (or 3 lol). They can take a while to warm up to strangers. Not being agressive just not lab likd. Once they know the person they can be verry friendly. Jazz actualy smiles and has done it to a judge once. lol. They want to please but at the same time can be a tad stuborn. most are velcro dogs. were u are they are. what i dont like about the dobes now days is lack of substance. jazz has her faults but i love her bone

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show