Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
We are Home.

do you have a spay and neuter clinic?

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Big Mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
As a APBT lover/breeder I like the fact that they are getting alot of them in to be done. the less we have intact that are not responsible or have a good reason is a GREAT thing. Pit Bulls are probably one of the highest backyard bred dogs in the U.S. Most people who have no reason for them to stay intact and leave them intact are usually doing so for a irrelevent reason. Yes I think they should do all dogs that way but the concentration on the pit bull may keep them off the ban list longer.
I totally agree.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Dafuq?

To be honest, I don't like anything that treats the breed differently than any other dog. Why can't they just have reduced/free neutering for all breeds?

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
overdogged

hey i'm all for anything that's going to get people to fix their pit bulls. there's a program like that locally, called Desex in the City, and it targets pit bulls because there is a HUGE overpopulation of pit bulls. the shelter population is something like 80% pit bulls at any given time.

i agree that opening it to all dogs (and cats) would be much more beneficial to the world in general, but this kind of targeting, at this time, makes sense.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:47 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
They do this is Tucson. It's retarded. They actually were paying people $40 a pit to get their pits fixed. I think it's part of the breed elimination scheme. If they were just interested in reducing the overall homeless dog population they would have offered it to every dog owner interested.
That's what my initial feelings where, but then I was thinking about it. If you've ever been to their shelter they have an overwhelming number of pits, that aren't neutered/spayed come in. By overwhelming I mean about 80% of their adoptable dogs are pit or pit mixes. It's amazing the difference between the Tacoma HS and Seattle HS! Which are only (at most) an hour away from each other.

But anyways, I'm worried about the actual intentions of the pit bull only spay/neutering. It's only a limited time offer though. My inital worry is less now thinkinga bout how many pits pit/mixes go into that shelter and how may pit puppies they get too.

They do offer low cost spay/neuters for all dogs, but this pit bull limited time offer is free. IDK, it worries me a bit, but then again, thinking about it, seems to make a little sense.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
wish to heck it was here. Had my fingers crossed before i opened the thread. I am taking Victoria pepper up to the humane society at the first of the month to make sure she has been fixed or to arrange for that to be done and to get her a dhlp booster just in case.
I don't know if they're full yet or exactly how to go about it, but I'm volunteering at this Sunday's MASH clinic for KC Spay/Neuter. They're usually cheaper than the HS and will microchip her (I think for free) at the same time.