Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Active Pup

The only canned food I've given my Zlata is Pedigree & some Alpo "Flame Broiled" because I got a free coupon for it. She REALLY loved the Alpo though it probably was not very good for her I'm going to have to look for some good canned now. Man I never knew taking GOOD care & loving a dog involved SO MUCH!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 AM
no touchy

My girls are eating kibble right now (soon they'll be eating raw), and daily I don't usually add anything except for glucosamine chrondroitin, a garlic mix and alfafa. They get treats during the day and once a week they get raw bones. Sometimes I'll give them some raw meat or egg in as a side dish, too.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

I give a variety of different canned foods. I water down my dry and add eith Solid Gold, Nutura, California Naturals, Nature's Variety, Canidae, Eagle Pack...the list goes on. I also add canned sardines, canned wild alaskan salmon, etc etc to my dogs meals. I give them lots of variety and they look forward to every meal. To feed plan dry kibble is a lot of work for the kidneys...I try to make sure my dogs don't have excess stress on their kidneys by adding water and feeding as many live raw meals as possible.