Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh, it's *you*

absolutely...I respect those that feel differently. Since I do not carry a weapon, nor am I physically strong, or trained in any form of combat, ...flight is the best option.

Talking about taking a life is one thing, doing it is another...I hope to never be in any such situation where taking a life is a necessity.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 01-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's Mommy View Post
I'm surprise no one finds the killing hedious & unexceptable. Killing 2 people would not bring his dog back. While I can't even immagine how upset he might have been at that point, killing his friends in revenge is a crime & he must be held accountable for his action.
I am so sick and tired of people considering animal life less than that of human life! The life force is the same in all of us, packaging is null and void.
You kill a dog, cat or human, it is murder!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Gatep

i can't blame him on what he did. i agree with you puppydog. killing a dog, human or other pet must consider a crime. he love his dog so much that make him do that action.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
It is sad all the way around. How bad must things have been that people were desperate enough to try to eat their friend's dog. It's not like they wouldn't know how much he liked his dog. Were they starving. That said I can empathize with him...if I walked into anyone butchering Dekka I would prolly loose it too.
If they knew how much the dog ment to him, I dont think they would of left an axe laying around.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Gadget Hound

My guess is he will be found guilty as charged. In much of the world, particularly Asia, dogs are considered no differently from chickens or goats; bred to be eaten.

On family farms in the U.S., it is not uncommon to give chickens, goats and such names, and treat them much like pets, all along with the purpose in mind of butchering them. A friend of mine raises turkeys like that each year, claims it teaches the kids about farm life and where food comes from.

The "friends" certainly acted rudely, and perhaps could have been prosecuted for theft, but no more so than if they had butchered a couple of chickens.

That said, I would have probably reacted just as he did. Fortunately, Shadow is old and undoubtably stringy and tough.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's Mommy View Post
I'm surprise no one finds the killing hedious & unexceptable. Killing 2 people would not bring his dog back. While I can't even immagine how upset he might have been at that point, killing his friends in revenge is a crime & he must be held accountable for his action.
Sure its a crime, and he should be punished. But I understand his reaction. I understand perfectly how coming home to find your 'friends' eating your dog (even if it is in a culture were dogs are eaten, this was evidently a pet . . . if it was a pet goat it would be just as outrageous, even if HE planned to eat it later. You don't kill other people's animals and eat them, especially if they are known to be fond of them. In any culture.) would send you into a fit of rage. A fit of murderous rage. Enough to call it manslaughter and not murder.

Saying I would do the same thing is just an honest appraisal of the sheer rage, shock and fury it would induce in me. Enough that I would do something that would likely get me put in jail . . . because I wouldn't think of that at the time . . . I'd be too **** MAD.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I am so sick and tired of people considering animal life less than that of human life! The life force is the same in all of us, packaging is null and void.
I agree. But, one should never murder to solve a murder.

Loving my 3Ms as much as I do, I accept the fact that they are animals, and if I ever have to face a heart-wrenching decision between saving their lives or a human being's life, I would have no choice but to choose a human being.

While I understand the guy's anguish & rage over these two guys action (I can't even use the word "friends" when refering to them) - it doesn't make the killing right. Sad but true, even if the guys killed his loved one instead of the pet, killing in revenge is never right.

What would I do if I come home to someone killing my 3Ms? I would scream, I would cry until I pass out, I would fight.. but I won't kill.

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Taxiderpy

Sad thing to happen. I wonder too if there was other factors involved, like if he was drinking or something else that might have impaired his judgment. It doesn't say either what exactly he came home to. If I came home and my friends were just eating some meat, I'd have no clue at first, but if it was something, well, more gory then that would definitely cause some immediate negative reactions on my part. He obviously knew he'd done something terrible because he turned himself in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I don't think I could kill a human. One, I'm not very strong. Two, I only kill something if I intend to eat it and humans are definitely off the list. It would violate my rules of not killing or eating something that can live longer than or outsmart me. Killing for the sake of vengeance, or justice, or sport, to get material gain, or whatever you want to call it is just wrong. Killing as part of the food chain is a different story. Because I eat other animals, such as chickens and deer (so do my dogs btw) I have no problem killing them.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post

I don't think I could kill a human. One, I'm not very strong. Two, I only kill something if I intend to eat it and humans are definitely off the list. It would violate my rules of not killing or eating something that can live longer than or outsmart me. Killing for the sake of vengeance, or justice, or sport, to get material gain, or whatever you want to call it is just wrong. Killing as part of the food chain is a different story. Because I eat other animals, such as chickens and deer (so do my dogs btw) I have no problem killing them.
How about self-defense or the defense of your family?

Plus swinging an ax is not that hard.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

I'm afraid that I'd be so overcome by blind rage I wouldn't even think of it as murder !!! Yes, human life comes first ..... but if some drunk picked up my dog and jumped into a river , I'd save my dog first !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/