Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I bark, therefore I am

Angry My vet forgot to remove a tumor!!!??!

I don't post here often but I just have to vent a bit..

So my dog went in to get spayed Monday and have a lump removed from one of her mammary glands..

we get her home yesterday and noticed stitching on the wrong teat so we feel around and sure enough, the lump is STILL THERE!!! Looked on the report and it said "ovariohysterectomy and removal of 2 small dermal growths next to L nipple"

HOLY CRAP! They removed 2 additional growths on the skin but forgot the original internal tumor?!! How the F is that possible?! THAT was the major concern for us. Now my poor old girl has to have ANOTHER surgery and we'll have to endure the agony of waiting to have it removed and biopsied.

I have an appt in 20 minutes and I am going to try my darndest to contain my anger.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Felurian

Not to mention you shouldn't be paying for this one . . . . . I'd almost be afraid, though, to deal with someone that incompetent . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I bark, therefore I am

I got home a little while ago. I'm speechless, really.

They admitted their error and said there was a miscommunication between the original doctor who examined her and the surgeon. Gasp. Unreal.

I let them know that I was amazed and appalled that they did not palpate the entire area knowing that there WAS a tumor/her age/was intact etc.

They will remove it after she heals from her spay at their cost and assured me that the additional weeks of waiting shouldn't be a concern, nor will going under anesthesia so soon after the first surgery.

I am TRYING to be optimistic in that, they actually DID remove a small tumor that we weren't even aware of.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Big Dog

Wow, I'm sorry. I'd be livid, myself.

I'm glad at least they'll be taking care of the next surgery, though.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:03 PM
I bark, therefore I am

I have been hearing from numerous people (and some vets) that they actually mark the mass with sharpie marker to avoid this type of 'accident'.

I NEVER would've thought to do so.. I guess I trusted the notes made at the original check-up. Lesson learned.