Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
just call me Nilly

Default Wierd black spots in mouth

Sierra's teeth are perfect. I mean really, she's still young, but there isn't a mark on them. I was a bit surprised tonight when I was playing with her and noticed while she was on her back with her mouth open) these wierd black spots near her black teeth. It's on the roof of her mouth I guess, but right against the teeth. It didn't look *good* but she wouldn't let me take a better look, I kind of saw it by accident.

Any ideas? Does this sound like something I should have a vet look at? Or could it just be unfortunatley coloured spots on the roof of her mouth like some dogs have?

I know it's hard to get what I'm talking about when there's no pictures or anything, but hopefully someone will have some input.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Puppy Dog

Both my puppies have black spots on the roof of their mouths. I think it's normal.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
just call me Nilly

I had a vet appointment for one of my cats today so I brought Sierra as a tag along just to ask about it. She said it's fine, just pigmentation

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Top Dog

I meant to post !! My Goldens had gum or tongue spots .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Top Dog

One of my old dogs had a lot of black pigment in her mouth, and when she got older, she started growing little things along her gums that looked like little black Bananas. Once a year, I would let the vet clean her teeth and take them off. Never really bothered her, but they would bleed if she chewed on hard items, like rawhide strips.