Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Iggy and Kitty Mom

Default the snacktray...

We've come to refer to the litter box as "the snacktray" in our house due to the fact that Raika likes to get snacks out of it from time to time. ugh...gross. She will also eat her own poo given the chance.
Is this a stage she'll outgrow just like other bad puppy habits?
I've now placed the catbox strategically so she can't get in it very easily but the cat can.

She also tends to sneak into the cat room and poo. Is this because she smells the catbox? I know she's just doing what comes natural and if I even see her going up the stairs, I stop her and we go outside, but it's very frustrating to stand outside for 15-20 minutes with no results just to have her come in and poo in the house.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Top Dog

Some dogs just like poo. I had a few that got into the litter box. It's gross and so finally I found a place to put it where the dogs couldn't get to it. No, they probably won't outgrow it. They think it's a delicacy. And, yes she can smell the cat box.

As far as waiting for the bathroom duties, do you walk her around or just stand in one place. They often need to walk a bit. Are you using a crate? If she won't go, put her right away back in the crate and then try again in about 15 minutes. If you let her in and don't watch her, mistakes are bound to happen.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Top Dog

I had to put the litterbox away as well. It's still there, but in a place where the dogs can't access to, but it seems the cats are not too fond of it either. Oh well, they can go outside.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Top Dog

o thats funny my pup poos in the same room as my cat
Old 07-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Iggy and Kitty Mom

Lea, your puppy is SOOOO cute!!!
Yes, I do walk Raika around. I have so many misquito bites from walking around in the grass in the earling morning and at night. I'm glad the catbox thing is normal-well, not glad my dog eats poop, but glad she's not the only one. I think I'll put it up higher. Gracie won't care... her food is already up on two big rubbermaid boxes.