Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Are you dead yet?

Dakota barked all night. Eve doesn't like loud, sudden noises and she spent the night glued to my side or in my lap, burying her face between my legs or in the crook of my arm. Little wimp.

Dash didn't notice.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Water Junkie

Lizzie didn't notice till midnight when I let them out before I went to bed. Then she became instantly attached to my side and curled up in bed next to me.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Meg, watching the 4th of July fireworks from our boat.

As you can see, fireworks don't bother her a bit! She is fascinated when she can see them, and doesn't stir if she can hear them.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Felurian

A bunch of idiots on the overhead sidewalks downtown thought it would be funny to set off some really loud ones when I was walking with Kharma.

They were evidently expecting her to be frightened.

Sillies.

They got a shock - even though they were a good 25-30 feet above us they were pretty freaked when she jumped up on her hind legs snarling, trying to get at them. She really, really, REALLY has an antipathy to anything that sounds like gunshots and is intent on disarming whoever is shooting.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
We are Home.

smart people

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

My Love is terrified of fireworks! When we used to live in the city she woud run around trying to shove her body in any nook or cranny. Where we lived our neighbors would send them off in the street. We ofte n had to chase down dogs that were running loose in the streets b/c they had snapped there chains in the frenzy.

Where we live now I am so thankful we dont hear or see anything. its peacefull and good for my Lovie.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

There were only a few. Millie stayed by my side even more than usual but seemed content once next to me. Lucy looked alert for a minute but got over it pretty quickly.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:45 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

We only had a few... Belle lifted her head for only a moment and Beezer barked out the window until he realized it was nothing he needed to protect the house from lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Big Dog

Dante slept right through it, except for the early fireworks that happened just when I was taking him out for his last walk. I think he's too curious for his own good, he just wanted closer and closer to investigate what the funny sounds were.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Top Dog

thankfully my dog was a bit quiet this new year... but the other one was really scared and dont want to come out ... baluga was hiding under the sofa... while miki was playing with us outside the house.