my duke always goes outside

chilled

hi
how can i stop my puppy from going to pooh out side?
i know dogs goes outside but he goes when he has only just been to pooh inside the house.

i dont mind if he went on the grass but he does it on the street/road when people are always there.

i know he is nearly 4 months and stil learning things.
any tips???

Take him out on a leash and keep him on the grass, then praise him like crazy AFTER he's done it in the grass. Don't give him a chance to go on the sidewalk or get into the stret at all.

Fran27

What Renee said... Plus, bring some paper to clean up after him. Also, I'm not sure I understand your problem, I've never seen people complain about their dog pooping outside...

chilled

no i dont mind if he goes outside but when he does go outside it not as hard and marks the streets. (as he had only just been at home its not as hard.)

it takes 15 mins to get to my field and there is lots of roads and pavements on the way.

Raika's Mom

Iggy and Kitty Mom
I wish my pup would poop outside....she's almost 4 months old as well.
Don't worry, he'll get it eventually!

Doberluv

What is your puppy doing out on the road anyhow? Is he not on a leash? Aren't you worried he'll get hit by a car or learn that roads are an ok place to be?

The only way to get your dog to poop where you want him to is to show him just like Rene said.

chilled

my dog is always on a lead doberluv. i live in the city so i wouldnt let him of the lead anyway.

when he crosses the road he sometimes goes to pooh.

i am trying to tell him no when he goes anywhere which is not the park.

im probley just being fussy, i wouldnt mind if the pooh was always hard but its soft when he goes outside.

Doberluv

Oh, I see. Well....at this point, you're lucky that he's not going in the house. I would guess the only thing you can do is to try to hurry him across the road and don't stop walking if he begins to show signs that he's going to go to the bathroom. And just get to the nearest grassy spot. And then reward him for going where you want him to go. If his poops are soft, it may be that he is unable to hold it till you get all the way to the park. Just bring along a plastic bag and do the best you can. When he gets older, he'll be able to hold it longer. Good luck. :)

Members online

No members online now.