Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Congrates on the job..don't let them make you anal gland gurl

ROFLMAO!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Felurian

You'd have to check with an attorney to be sure on that Dober. It works the opposite direction (if the corporation is sued it protects you personally), but not necessarily in the other direction. A corporation is a unique entity, but the individual stocks can be attached as the personal property of a person being sued, which could, in the wrong circumstances, result in the forced liquidation of the stockholders' assets.

And in some states, personal injuries negate all sorts of protections, so often the only real protection you have is excessive liability insurance.

Bet you never thought you'd read a post like that on the dog forum!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Are you dead yet?

Carrie, I will ask my folks about that. I talked to them this evening and they said they would talk to their attorney about these things (they want me to make a list.) the next time they call her.
Smkie, I wish you could teach me! I've driven before, but it wasn't on a public road. (just on our property) As for driving a stick, my friend has tried her best to teach me and I just can't get it. I've heard it's better to learn on a stick first, is there any truth to that statement?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Are you dead yet?

Oh, and as for being anal gland girl (rofl.) I sure hope I don't wind up doing -all- the dirty work. If that's the worst part of the job, though, I'll be thrilled.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:19 AM
Felurian

Lots of truth to the stick theory, Grace. The best way to learn to drive a stick shift is to sit in the parked car with the ignition off and just mindlessly punch the clutch and shift through the gears, up and down, over and over and over again until it really is mindless and your foot and your arm move together automatically. Once you've got that down you can start adding things like movement, lol! An empty parking lot is a good place to start with that if you can find one. What you're looking for is a place that's nice and flat and has room for you to go through at least two forward gears, stop and start and practice backing up. If you can find a place that's got a driveway with an incline that's a good place to practice starting out on a hill; that can get a bit stressful the first few times you do it.

And fully expect to kill the motor several times, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-18-2005, 04:04 AM
Are you dead yet?

Thanks for the tips, Renee! Currently, both of my parents' cars are automatics, but my friend has an old truck with a stick, and I'm going to see if he will let me practice with that. (Although I do wonder what the neighbors would think, me just sitting there in his driveway, with the A/C on, "playing" in the truck like I used to when I was around 5. Perhaps I should add my own motor sounds, just to scare them a bit. LOL.)
Old 07-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Top Dog

Yes, Rene, I definitely know there are pros and cons and a lawyer would need to be asked. I just had sort of a fleeting glimpse of a partial idea. You're right. There could be difficulties either way.

Rip,

My Dad made us kids learn on a stick first thing. (a Volkswagon) He said, "If you can drive a stick, you can drive anything." I'm glad he did. When I was in college, a boyfriend of a friend of mine had a really cool Austin Heely sportscar...convertible. My friend couldn't drive a stick and we were to be lent the car all day for a fun drive to the beach and all over the place. He said, that only Carrie is allowed to drive the car because he had me drive it first with him. I was glad I knew how to drive it. We had a blast rip roaring all over Whidby Island, from the navy base (where this guy was and all kinds of other cute guys) to the beach. And if ever there's someone in need of a driver, whatever the vehicle, you're able to drive it.

I followed suit and made my kids learn first on a stick. Now they're capable too. LOL. Go for it. It doesn't take long to get the feel.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Felurian

I've had to do a bit of work in that direction lately, Dober . . . NOT the kind of legal work I find interesting - it's terribly tedious - but that's the only reason I'm up on it at all. Corporate stuff just bores me past tears.

Rip's, adding the motor noises might be a nice touch, lol! Your friend might not appreciate you running the AC though. It's kind of hard on one to run it like that, or so I've been told. Whatever you do, though, DON'T practice like that with the motor running because it's going to take some practice before you're smooth at it, and not only will it use a TON of gas, when you get your timing off between your foot and your hand - which WILL happen, lol - if the motor is running it will die, and when it does that it's going to jump forward. Not only will it freak you out, it just might jump into a wall or something And I'll let you figure out how I know this

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian