Martha - Time to tell her story

mrose_s

BusterLove
My mother had a dog, if she were still here she would be 12.

She was the best trained dog I have ever met, didnt have to take a leash with you to walk her or anything, when she was 4, she died.
Martha was a Bull terrier/boxer, very beatiful dog.

Martha was born into a loving family of two friends who decided to cross their dogs, she had many brothers and sisters, all of which died or got stolen before they were old enough to leave home, Martha was the lucky one and mothered pups before she passed on.

She looked after my sister and i, only 4 and 6 when she died.
On one occasion, she shoulder charged the gate shut from inside the fence to stop my sister and I from going out to two strange men.

unfortuantley, as far as i can tell, my father killed her. Made her very sick and although my mother rushed her all over the state to various vets and paid hundreds or thousands of dollars to aid her recovery, she died, and we buried her in the front yard with her collar and favourite toy, but my mother, she kept the bell from her collar and we still have it.

soon after, our old BC Jack died, much in the same way, and then Tussy from unrelated causes. And although my mother loves all our dogs, she knows she will never have the connection with another Kanine, quiet like she did with Martha.

I'm crying now but atleast her story is told.

Doberluv

A-w-w-w Mrose, that's a sad story. Why did your father kill her????? She sounds like she was an awesome, faithful dog. You'll always remember her and have her close to your heart. I'm so sorry you had to lose her that way.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Doberluv said:
A-w-w-w Mrose, that's a sad story. Why did your father kill her????? She sounds like she was an awesome, faithful dog. .
I think it was because he was jelous of her, like mum loved her more. Actually, we think he did, he told my sister he did and made her feel guilty for her. Its weird telling you guys this, it is the sort of stuff only a few of my closest friends know about.

showpug

No, you can't and you shouldn't. I hate it when animals pay the price. Either way I am sorry that Martha and your family had to suffer through this. So sorry for your great loss :(

roni

K-9 lover ;)
poor martha...how sad. she sounds like she was so smart and really looked out for you and your sister. i am so sorry for your loss.

mrose_s

BusterLove
well thanks, but now I have that poem that Irish put on here

Greive not -
Nor speak of me with tears
but laugh and talk of me
As if I were beside you
I love you so
T'was heaven here with you

EliNHunter

Omigosh... that is just heart wrenching! What does your Mom think about your Dad doing that to your poor, sweet dog? Did he poison her?

Sheba

I W A L R
nicco said:
Sorry to hear that... :(
It's always sad when such a companion dies...
It is alwyas sad...Nobody can have a special connection with another animal once their first companion has died...hard times...hard times it is...

Members online