Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 06-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Active Pup

Default It Takes Time

To those who may have lost a pet for the first time. I was 46 year old man when my first dog passed away at the age of 16 years. I grieved for about 1 year. Then my other dog passed away 3 years later. Both had to be put to sleep because of age and illness. Knowing the day was approaching when the vet was to come to the house was a sad time of anticipation. Again the grief lasted 12-14 months. I remember the day, month, year and time of their death, and think of them especially at that time. During the grief process I would come home from work, and they would not be there to greet me, and I wept. The many routines were no longer there, and I wept. It has been almost two years since the death of my last best friend. Now the sweetness of their memories can be enjoyed with an occasional tear. I can close my eyes and can feel what it was like patting them on the side when they came to meet me. I can still love them and they will always be a special part of my life.

My point is, to those who have lost a pet, your grief is personal, as well your memories are personal of your very special friend. Your intense grief will last a time, but then you will live in the pleasure of their memories.

P.S I now have two great little Boston Terrier friends to love.

Crisscross
Old 06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Love my pets

You said it so well. We will all remember the special times we had we those that are now gone. I would never want to have missed one moment with any of the pets I've had.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

I feel sorry for people who do not get another dog because of the pain when they leave us. Take to heart the quote : " It's better to have had love and lost, than never have loved at all ".
Old 07-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Puppy Dog

Default thanks

thanks for sharing. Pet's are a gift from God, that's for sure. Mac went over the rainbow yesterday and he's in a better place for him now. He was my best friend and a comfort to my lonliness. He will be missed because he has a place in my heart forever......

Kris
Old 07-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Top Dog

I hope Bubba and Eli and Yogi have had a chance to meet Mac . We weep in sorrow for our loss, but smile in remembrance of the joy they gave us.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I W A L R

May everydog RIP when they pass away