Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Active Pup

Default Dog on the run

I heard on the news today about the Maltese Terrier in the US that inherited 6 million when the dogs owner, billionaire property developer, Leona Helmsley died. Apparently the dog has received death threats and has been taken into hiding somwhere in Florida. Also included in the will was the instruction that when the dog dies it is to be buried beside the remains of its owner in the Helmsley mausoleum. A further $3 million has been set aside for the upkeep of the mausoleum, steam cleaning it and the such like.

It sickens me to think of all that money being left to just one pampered pooch when it could have helped rescue thousands of homeless dogs. Ah well it takes all sorts to make a world....so my dear old granny would say.

marion

NEW! - Doberman Owners Book

Old 12-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

The issue is not what happens to it while the dog is alive, but where it goes after his death . . . even the most extravagant care would have a hard time going through 6 million in a dog's lifetime . . . he could probably live off the interest with ease . . .

I'm actually more annoyed that people are threatening to kill an innocent animal because they disagree with his late owner's will . . . her money, she can will it as she likes (and trusts for pets are a GOOD idea, even if this goes a bit far) . . . and the dog has done nothing wrong.

now the care for the grave . . . but hey, look at the Pharoahs. She's in there too, and I guess she really, really cared about the impression she'd make as a corpse.