Who's dogs sleep out of their crates?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Both of my boys sleep where ever they want. They both have crates, and will sometimes hang out in them during the day or at night.

Gonzo USUALLY sleeps in his crate or on his bed. Fozzie USUALLY opts for the big bed. C: Fozzie has had the freedom since he was about 6 months old, and he has yet to destroy anything or potty at night.

ACooper

Phoebe sleeps where ever she feels like it, downstairs, upstairs........whatever. She has never used a crate.

Orson sleeps in our room and always has. He's NEVER slept in his crate over night. I wish I could take credit and tell you how, but he just LOVES his sleep..........even as a 4 month old pup when he went to bed he SLEPT. Never roamed the house or even the bedroom, LOL

BostonBanker

Meg sleeps in my bedroom with me, with the door closed (because I can't stand any light/noise, not because she can't be trusted). She almost always sleeps on the bed with me; once or twice she's gotten up during the night to sleep on the floor.

It's easiest for me to have the dog in bed with me. I'm a light enough sleeper that if they get up and jump off the bed, I'm awake instantly and can supervise.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Both dogs sleep in my room. Millie usually sleeps in her bed that's up against mine, and sometimes gets on the bed with me in the morning before I'm all the way up.
Lucy is alternated between her crate and my bed depending on her behavior. I love having her in bed with me. She doesn't care if I roll over on her or if she's in the weirdest twisted position. She's so funny.

Joey has slept with me in my bed since about a week after we got him. It only took a week to figure out that he could hold it through the night or that he would wake me up if he needed to go out which was pretty good for a pup not even 3 months old yet. Roxie gets to sleep in bed with us because she doesn't really do well in a crate, especially if Joey is out of his crate at the time.

Kharma is MUCH happier since I got rid of that horrible, firm mattress and got the latex one, lol! Even if there isn't quite as much room on a queen as there was a king. We have it worked out: she waits until I get in bed and claim the middle and she jumps up and usually sleeps on my left. Sometimes she curls up in a ball near the foot of the bed and sometimes she stretches out beside me with her head on the pillow. I've waked up to find her hanging over the head of the bed looking out the front window a few times, too. :)

Bimmer is always on duty. His choice is to sleep on some pillows on the floor at the foot of the bed, facing the door. If there's too much activity in the neighborhood, he'll go camp out on the living room couch where he can watch more effectively.

The only thing resembling a crate I've ever owned is a cat cage - bought when we moved from California - and then really only used to keep the cat's litter box in on the trip. Gulliver travelled most of the way laying across the back of the seat.

shazbot

not so newby
Mine all have a choice, but always end up sleeping with me. 2 of mine I've had since they were pups, they slept in their crates (in my room) during house training. After they were house trained they were allowed to sleep on the bed with me. My 3rd is a rescue who took to sleeping in a warm, cozy bed almost immediately. Took her about 2 nights to realize that it was ok for her to crash with me.

saffie

Saffie and Boy sleep downstairs in their own beds or on the couch. They have never been crated. Saffie has never been crated, she had a puppyproof part of the livingroom when she was young. We got Boy as an adult dog, and he slept downstairs from day one.
Sometimes they sleep on the bed with us.

bubbatd

Ollie's so cute . I leave my bedroom door open so he could go anywhere , when he starts on my bed and then goes to the floor , I always say "" See you later , sweetie " He's always back in my bed in the morning and never leaves the room during the night .

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Traveler sleeps on the floor in my bedroom---she has a nice quilt she likes to curl up with. Baxter was sleeping in his own little bed, on the floor--but recently I have let him up on the bed--which seems to work out ok. That way he doesn't want to roam the house and try to get in the garbage can!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Mine both sleep on the bed. Kiba as a pup cried all night, and it broke my heart and I caved and let her in the bed with me. Bad choice cuz she just wanted to play and would end up falling asleep on my head while chewing my hair. Stryder as a pup was crated the longest.. baddest puppy out of the two. As a puppy, I would stick Stryder on the bed to play with Kiba, kept him out of trouble. But he couldnt figure out the bed would end and he'd fall right off. And stupid me would put him back up and he kept falling off. One of the first nights he got to sleep on the bed, I woke up and couldnt find him. He had fallen off the foot down between my bed and a chest, and was just sitting there as quiet as could be waiting for me to rescue him. LOL.

Both are good now, and just sleep on the bed all night long. Sometimes Stryder will get up and sleep on the floor, but he's usually off and on all night. Recently with all the extra blankets on my bed they choose to camp out in front of the window all day. I'm going to get them a dog bed to put on MY bed so they can be extra cozey when keeping watch.

I was fine with a twin bed, but upgraded to a double so that they could have more room. I get 1/3.. they get about 2/3rds.. and they choose to take up my space! LOL.

SarahFish

Lui's never had a crate. In winter and autumn he sleeps in my room/on my bed but in spring and summer he gets to hot and sleeps wherever. He's never slept outside before because we've never had a fully fenced section but he will be in a couple of weeks I think, it's getting SO hot!

Blaze has really never been crated. He was crated for a few nights when I got him, but I couldnt stand the howling he did, so I just let him be free. He was a good puppy and didnt ruin much or use the washroom much int he house. he was house trained really quickly. Since it was summer holidays when i got him so I had tons of time to train him. We dont even have a crate now for hi. I gave it away years ago. he sleeps on my bedroom fllor. He is agaisnt sleeping ont he bed, no matter how much i try to make him. He wont sleep on anything but the cold ground, not even a dog bed.

Last night I took the danes crates down and put them into storage, they just take up too much space. Chloes kennel is still up and she sleeps in there. But the danes are sleeping in the family room now. There's a babygate blocking the hallway and one blocking the way to the living room and kitchen.

Members online

No members online now.