Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Top Dog

yay! thanks, I love them even more now, I like freakishly hyper dogs for some reason, never a boring moment I guess. I've always wanted a dog I can bring everywhere and who won't tire easily, Boxers sound great Their health is a worry to me too but all breeds have their problems.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Every Boxer I've ever run into was extremely energetic. I just love them. My friend, Tanya, actually just got one. His name is Raider. I mentioned she try doing some agility with him when he's a little older and since I mentioned that quite a few others have agreed that it would be a lot of fun for him. This little pup never stops long enough to take a deep breath. Now I just need to get Tanya to join on Chaz.... =)

Here's a picture of her Raider.
(Sorry the picture is so big... I couldn't get it to size down... retarded computer)

Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Mr Poopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
I love Boxers, they are such goofs i just love them so much and would like to maybe own one someday. My only concern is that they are a Brachycephalic breed they might not be active. i hope to do lots of hikes and trails and want my dogs to come so I was wondering if it affects them as badly as the other Brachycephalic breeds like Shih-Tzus, pugs etc. Boxers always seemed really active to me I never even considered them the type of flat faced dogs that pugs are, but they are and that concerns me. So anyone know about their activity and breathing?
I have yet to see a boxer that didn't have tremendous energy. I know one that would give my boy a run for his money as far as running speed too. Boxers are very active dogs that do well with more activity rather than with less.

In the minds and hearts of Pharaoh Hounds-serious moments can be dissolved by a good frolicking run with stolen goods.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Show Dog

The energy is on of the reasons I have boxers! They are just fun to watch. I have 3 boxers a 1yr old male, 2 yr old female, & 4 yr old female as you can tell my house there is never a dull moment Its awesome!

Edit to add:
Boxers are not for everyone! They need consistent training, they are very smart and know how to use it. Lots of socialization at a young age with other animal and ppl.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I have yet to see a boxer that didn't have tremendous energy. I know one that would give my boy a run for his money as far as running speed too. Boxers are very active dogs that do well with more activity rather than with less.
Wanna know something scary? There was a boxer greyhound mix at the humane society, he had a greyhound body, with a boxer head glued on. The athletic abilities of both breeds combined with boxer energy level. He stayed on the adoption line for three months before someone got brave enough to take him home.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Mr Poopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Wanna know something scary? There was a boxer greyhound mix at the humane society, he had a greyhound body, with a boxer head glued on. The athletic abilities of both breeds combined with boxer energy level. He stayed on the adoption line for three months before someone got brave enough to take him home.

In the minds and hearts of Pharaoh Hounds-serious moments can be dissolved by a good frolicking run with stolen goods.