Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Felurian

Yup. Herschel's right.

I wouldn't say a single word to them about it. Let them wonder why their dogs have the runs everywhere. Hopefully it will hit late at night. In the house

I remember what happened when Charley decided Kharma hadn't had enough to eat . . . and fed her seven or eight cups of EVO on top of her regular dinner that I'd already fed her

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Bored Now.

You can check the ground for their hairs....... I'm assuming a Dal has VERY different hair from any of your BCs, and Rotties should leave some gold ones behind... it might be worth sweeping up... because if you do want to accuse them and get your money back, that would certainly be proof enough. How else would their hairs get into your garage if they weren't in there, after all?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:36 AM
and Fozzie B!

WOW... that really blows. 27 lbs of Evo is a LOT of food, I'm sure those dogs are sick at this point. If I were you, I would still question the neighbors, or leave them a "friendly" note.

I used to keep dog food in a storage bin in the garage, and a neighbor's super-skinny Weimeraner would often wedge under the cracked garage door, and somehow open up the storage bin. I thought I was just crazy... or feeding more than I thought... until I caught him red-handed(...pawed)!

I told the owner, and said I had no idea just how much he had eaten. So they gave me $20, and promised they would keep a closer eye on him. They're pretty decent people, though. Just kind of dense.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

I'm sorry!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

I'd def get a container of some sorts. I picked a couple up @ petsmart for a good price. Or even a garbage can with a lid is a popular choice with alot of people I know.

Oh the joys of those owner's when they wake up to the smell of poo in the morning. Lots of poo. Everywhere. On the walls, on the floor... ah sweet revenge! lol

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

That used to happen to us all the time. Only... in our situation it wasn't another dog getting into the dog food. When I was younger we lived in a duplex and had two labs. Our neighbors had a son that had a strange taste for dog food and I can't tell you how many times he'd sneak into our garage and eat the dog food... sickening... anyways... definitely a bin that the dogs can't get into is a great idea.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Ack. I'm sorry, Grace. That really super-sucks. :/
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Salty Sea Dog

i would look into setting up a small webcam in your garage directed at the bins and have a software set up to record, since its your property you are at legal rights to record any activity.
that way you can capture proof of their dogs on your property. confront them wiht this proof and tell them next time you see them on your property you will call animal control.

i HATE people who let their dogs wander around and who arnt responsible, people like that never seem to care that their dogs are out, and even when confrotned they either deny it or just shrug it off...

if these dogs are also semi or fully agressive then they need to keep them contained or you need to have animal control come get them, unfortunatly as nasty as that sounds its only a matter of time when a pack of reactive dogs are wandering loose that someone gets hurt.

id also suggest the "racoon proof" bins or using bungee cords to secure the containers and make sure to not leave the bags out...unfortunatly.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Gone to the dawgs

Oh maaaan, that really stinks. 57 bucks is NOT chump change & I'd be furious too. On the lighter side (although I do feel for the affected dogs) their owners WILL be cleaning up some really stinky, runny poo. That's GOT to put a small smile on your face.