Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilprairiemutt View Post
Actually if you call someones registered female dairy goat a Nanny, you will likely get an earful. Only meat goats (amoung many goat people) are refered to as Nannies and Billies. In the dairy goat world, they are Does and Bucks.

As to the other, yes it annoys me that people cannot learn the proper terms and because they think its a bad word, those of us who know better have to walk on egg shells and trip over our tongues to keep from offending them.
I had heard they were sometimes called does and bucks, but I didn't know the context . . . so its meat/dairy? Cool. Learn something new. I'd thought it might be regional or something.

What really gets me, is that no one, even at work, reacts if I slip and say that, for example, a certain canidate for President is a bitch, or that a someone is 'bitching' about something. BUT call my dog that and they are shocked . . . they think I'm insulting my dog. They all know what the word means . . . but they don't seem to make the connection that it is the proper term for female dogs.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I call my dog a bitch all the time.

People say "is you dog a boy or a girl?" I day "she is a bitch". I must admit, I have never really got any strange looks that I have noticed, but then again I pay very little attention to people. LOL!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

Blue ... I won't touch that one with a ten foot pole !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I get weird looks for it all the time too. When I'm talking about dogs I prefer to use correct words usually, but I can't tell you how many times people have responded that I needed to watch my language. They just don't get it
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle