Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Water Junkie

How many dogs do you have? 2 Dogs.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? No.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) All dogs have free roam of the house. They are trusted in the house, also, when we are gone.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Lizzie most of the time will either sleep downstairs in the family room, with me, or in her crate in my room

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) They are free-fed. And get raw once day on their own Pen.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Yes. Tecanically I only have one dog, but have two dogs in the house. I liked having two dogs (Lizzie and Duke) when I had my foster, so for now, I think I'll stick with two dogs till I'm out of College.

Did you plan to get this many? Major was planned, as with Lizzie.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Puppy Dog

How many dogs do you have? 2 dogs

Do you have any pets as well? 2 cats

Where are your dogs beinging kept? They are allowed in part of apartment

Hows is the sleeping arrangement? They can sleep anywhere as long as they are on a flour,but most time sleep in they baskets which are in my room

How is the feeding arrangment? They eat twice a day from separate bowls but in same room

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Yes I am planning on getting a new dog in next year

Did you plan to get this many? Yes I did but my parents didnt
Old 11-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Puppy Dog

How many dogs do you have? 2

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? yes, 2 cats

Where are your dogs being kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)

They have access to most of the house.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)

One in my room, one in a crate in the living room.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)

Separate bowls, fed at the same time, twice a day

Do you see yourself with more than you have now?[/B]

Probably not.

Did you plan to get this many?

Not at first.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Top Dog

How many dogs do you have? 3

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? just fish..we had a cat in the past but found that it was best rehome her.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) In crates..which are kept in the family room..for now, hopefully they will be moved in to a bedroom soon

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) All 3 have their own crates

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) different bowls in their own seperate crates..I have two dominate females, I can't afford to take any risks

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? as much as I'd love to say yes..no

Did you plan to get this many?
yes..but Freckles came at an unexpected time. I was planning on getting a puppy before she came to live with us. But I certainly made the right choice
Old 11-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

How many dogs do you have? 3

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? yes, a cat, an African Grey parrot, a 3' snake, a 55 gallon aquarium, and an outdoor goldfish pond

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) Usually strewn about the downstairs. They have a lot of toys so there are always some laying around. They have a toy box but Daisy has learned how to open it.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Bruzer sleeps downstairs, either in his crate or in an ez chair. Gunnar and Daisy sleep on the floor in our room. Daisy will worm her way onto the bed around 4am.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Different bowls, outside unless it's raining (we feed raw, then it's garage and crates), at least 10' between each dog to prevent theft of food, all fed at the same time.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? No. 3 is good enough.

Did you plan to get this many? We've had 3 for the last 5 years. It wasn't a plan but that's how it ended up.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Just try me..

How many dogs do you have? 7

Do you have any pets as well? 7 horses (anyone want to buy a pony?)

Where are your dogs being kept? In the house, all over the house.

How's the sleeping arrangement? Dekka always sleeps with me, usually Snip too. The puppies and Kaiden always sleep in their crates. Zo used to sleep with me sometimes, but not at the moment. Scandal gets to rotate.

How's the feeding arrangement? The all get fed just before bed in their crates. Except Dekka who has a bowl in the kitchen. Snip will sometimes get fed in the kitchen too when he is going to bed with me. The puppies get fed in the morning as well.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Ummm no
Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Your Mom

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? a rabbit and a cat

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) in my room . . . I live in a studio so it's only one room anyway

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Wally in my bed, Teeny usually in her crate (sometimes in my bed)

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Different bowls, Wally at the feeding station, Teeny in her crate, each twice a day

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Easily 3 if not more, depending on the dogs

Did you plan to get this many? I don't plan . . . it's easier to live without one.

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Salty Sea Dog

How many dogs do you have? right now 3 of my own, however there are 5 in the house.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? of my own, none, however there is a cat and fish right now, i plan on more pets once im in my own place.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) my 3 sleep in my room, the other 2 dogs sleep in my parents room and the cat in my sisters room.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) all in the same room, vixie and dodger currently on my bed, ruby in a crate.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) free feeders.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? eventually yes, id love another crestie and 1-2 larger dogs, a standard poodle and possible a staffie.

Did you plan to get this many? not quite so quickly or this early in my life, but i planned for even more evenrutlaly so..

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Loves off-leash training!

How many dogs do you have? Just five - two German shepherds, three Chows.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? I'm very glad to say NO, although at one point I had horses, sheep, rabbits, cats, and a crow along with the dogs .. *L*

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) The adults are pretty much with me wherever I am. We go outside several times a day. The five month old GSD pup is confined to an ex-pen if I can't be watching her, although she's starting to get more freedom now.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Same as above - they choose where they sleep except for the pup. The youngest chow is usually sleeping on the bed with me, the others sprawl out alongside or on their beds.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) The pup generally eats in her pen, the others from individual bowls. They eat twice a day and it's pretty casual - no particular time. They can eat within a foot or two of each other (I used to feed all four dogs in a six-foot long area). I don't have any problem with them bothering each other. Sometimes I just take the food and feed them handfuls - they all gather around and I give a handful to one dog, then a handful to another dog, and they all wait for their turn. They know the rules .. if they try to crowd in, they get NOTHING.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? No. Five medium to large dogs is a LOT to live with, especially since I have a lot of joint pain/swelling and have a hard time doing basic things at times (like closing my fingers around a dish to carry it).

Did you plan to get this many? Yes and no. I didn't consciously think "I want five dogs" but I chose to accept each one as it came along. I could see myself with just three though and I think that would be better (and since I have dogs that are 16, 11.5 and 10 years old it's a good possibility that I'll have fewer dogs way sooner than I want).

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Old 11-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Active Pup

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? nope

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) they are generally in the same room that I am in.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) they both sleep with my husband and I

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) they have different bowls and are fed at the same time in different parts of the kitchen.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? As we live in family housing on the base and can only have 2 dogs, not at the moment. Though some day when we have our own home, I wouldn't mind being able to rescue another one, but I don't think I'd have more than 3.

Did you plan to get this many? yes, I knew from the moment we got Bronson that I wanted to eventually be able to have a pal for him and another little one that we could love and share our home with.