Buddy's almost done

RD

Are you dead yet?
....kinda? Blarg. I tried using photoshop's brushes for the grass and failed, so I guess I'm gonna have to take that out and draw it in. Anyone want to give me a tablet? LOL

noludoru

Bored Now.
You need to add some more lighting, silly. :p It's rather... monochromatic.. almost. It just seems like it to, me. ( I LOVE how you manipulated the grass. WOW. It looks really good. I always suck using that brush.)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I usually get frustrated at this point when it seems like it should be further along then it is, and your down to the tweeking part. THen all at once you find the right whatever was missing and a puff of life comes in to the drawing. Wish i had a drawing pad to loan i don't either. The mouse is rather akward at times.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
All I can see that is missing is a light source and some highlights to the coat...the grass looks awesome, what do you think is wrong with it?

RD

Are you dead yet?
I've tried highlighting the stupid fur so many times and every time I do, it looks fake or else it takes away the fuzzy look of puppy coat and makes it look more silky. LOL i think this is as far as I'm destined to go on this drawing.

You know, Grace, I keep coming back to this picture, and I think you're right. It's finished. I really do like it the way it is . . . he's drawn very realistically, but with the background the way it is, and only the grass in the one corner, and the uniform light, there's a fantasy quality to it as well.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
there's a fantasy quality to it as well.
I agree with this statment. It's looks like something from a fantasy, yet very real. I say thats a good quality to be able to draw like that :)

Beautiful. Oh, this would make a good present for his owner's (John and Cindy, is it?)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Renee, y'know, I drew a background for this but I agree with you. It looks better with the empty space behind the subject. This is actually done (or as close as it's gonna get, because I don't want to work on it much more and ruin it), I'll get a picture of it when I get it off the other computer.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
can you add a clover leave or two to break up the grass? I think that would change the plane and make it more believeable. The rest looks great.

Members online

No members online now.