Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
I think you should stick with the elimination diet a little bit longer. Treat the "blow ups" as you have been--with Benadryl and the topical treatment.

If he improves in the long run then you will start to get some answers. However, if you switch foods now he may still have problems, or he might do better for a while before reverting. Then you would be really lost. Do you see what I mean?
I'm hardly an expert on this, but I have to agree . . .you want to do this in as scientific a manner as possible . . . change one thing . . .hold . . . see what happens . . .change another thing . . .otherwise you'll never know exactly what's wrong and may drive yourself, and poor Buddy, off the deep end. I think, as horrible as this sounds, that you want to be patient. Because you need information about the exact problem more than anything else.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:39 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
I think you should stick with the elimination diet a little bit longer. Treat the "blow ups" as you have been--with Benadryl and the topical treatment.

If he improves in the long run then you will start to get some answers. However, if you switch foods now he may still have problems, or he might do better for a while before reverting. Then you would be really lost. Do you see what I mean?
Yes, I do. It's just really hard, because he's so miserable.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Felurian

Have you had a chance to contact Mordy?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-23-2007, 12:18 PM
<--------Orson

I agree with Herschel too..........it's darkest before the dawn and all that.

Give it a chance to work before you try something else. I know it must be hard, you want a solution NOW so he can have some peace
Old 11-23-2007, 12:43 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Mordy developed his plan, Renee.

I'm going to get a refill on his allergy meds and he'll just have to be on them until the ED does its wonders (we hope). He's in too bad of a condition to NOT be on them.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Felurian

I remember that Mordy developed the plan for you, Nikki . . . I just wondered if you'd had a chance to talk to her about the problems you're running into right now.

If he's on his allergy meds, how will you know whether or not he's reactive as you introduce different things to his diet?

Poor widdle Buddy . . . . he's had a ruff time of things already!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-23-2007, 05:12 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

We weaned him off the meds, which was part of the plan. But his condition is too bad for him to not have the meds- hence my post and the trouble I'm having with all of this.