Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

Default The Right To Hump?

Do you allow your dogs to hump or is it frown upon in your household? I know to the dog community its not okay to let your dog hump and just gross in the non-dog community...but I allow my dogs an item they can hump. Didi use to hump this one husky stuffed doll I won at the fair, but I guess due to age she doesn't. Pepe although altered still humps on this one pillow...which is his and ONLY his. Princess likes to hump on Pepe, Lucky, and Honey...I let her, because she's not going to make puppies in the making. But I do try to refrain her from humping the dog beds, which she rgoes dog-gone-wild on it and shreds it to pieces in the making. So far dog beds 0..Princess...4!! I call her my nymphomanic

I mean I don't see whats wrong with letting out some feel goods out the way lol....not sure if it could be a dominance thing....who knows....but as long as its not on a human body part or clothing, or destorying dog beds, I don't see the wrong in letting them do so. I can't strip them the right of beinging horny!

Don't see the harm from it, unless they do it in public...but they don't over do it to the point where I can't stop them from doing it at a point where they shouldn't be doing so. Actually they only do it under my supervision or when they aren't supervise, its like they know when to get away with it.

Anyone beg to differ? Agree?

Old 11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
overdogged

my dogs never hump inanimate objects and i absolutely do not allow humping of other dogs (huge fight trigger).

personally i think it's gross *shrug*
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

luckily I don't have "humpers" ... Even my male doesn't "need" to go thru the motions.

I wonder what causes some dogs to "hump" in extremes? I have heard dominance, but I don't know if I agree with that.

I have seen some dogs that want to hump anything that moves or doesn't move. Lol Most of them are small dogs. I have wondered if it is more common in smaller dogs?

My friends pom tried to hump my arm the last time I visited her. He was determined to get to my arm. The kids thought it was funny. She told me her dog tried to hump several visitors arms. This dog was neutered at about 6 months and never sired. He also had a charming personality (besides the humping).
Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Snow Girl

I don't allow humping either, although niether of my guys have ever tried to hump anything that wasnt another dog. And when they do try to on another dog (even eachother) I stop it immediately. Not because I think it's gross but because of the same reason as Elegy, it could trigger a fight.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 11-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Uffda!

Roxie only tries to hump Joey which is something I discourage. It's a dominance thing for her and I don't want to encourage it since it can cause fighting between dogs. I don't think Joey really knows or cares why she does it, but if she did it to another dog who knows how it might react.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Squishy face

Neither of my dogs hump things. Benji always tries to hump other dogs, but they correct him and he stops. I don't know why he keeps trying when they never let him get away with it.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Are you dead yet?

No humping. Ever. I know it's a mostly harmless behavior in play, but all 3 dogs in this household are intact and I don't want anyone to get any ideas. Thankfully nobody's really tried it.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Squishy22

The only EXTREME humpers I have seen were unaltered males. Too the point that semen would drip out of their penis and get everywhere. Its more of a sexual thing in some cases. Yuck. I have had a few male dogs, and they NEVER humped, but they were also neutered.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Twin 2.0

I do not allow my dogs to hump each other or other dogs. In my personal experience though, males of any size do seem to be the "serial humpers". I used to get a couple female "serials", but it's mostly males, not sure why, but yeah, it's a huge fight trigger.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

Max would occasionally hump the air, no harm since it wasn't on anything. Sometime someone would tell him to stop, not that he knew what that meant but it was grossing people out. I just let him do it lol.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!