Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

Default "I'll feed your dogs while your gone"

My husband and I are starting to make plans for visiting family for the Christmas holiday. He gets a pretty long vacation this year. I was trying to find someone that I knew and trusted who might be able to watch Bear for me while I'm gone and take Dixie with us. The car isn't big enough for the 2 dogs and our daughter in the backseat.

A boy in the neighborhood was over when I was talking with my husband about the planning of the trip. And theboy offers his help.

boy- I'll feed your dogs for you while you are gone. How long will you be gone for?
me- we'll be gone about a week. I think I'm just going to take them both with me.
boy- Well I can feed them for you everyday.
me- I don't think your parents will allow you to take care of my dogs since you already have 2 of your own.
boy- Oh, well, I wasn't going to take them to my house. I'll just come over your house every day and feed them.
Me- I can't leave them here in the house by themselves for a week.
boy- why not? Nothing is going to happen to them.
me- who's going to let them outside to pee a couple times a day?
boy- ummmm.
me- No thank you. I think i'm going to just take them both with me.

I was trying to be nice since this boy was 15. But still should know better about leaving a dog alone for a week maybe more. Yeah feeding them is all well and good but what about everything else? I cannot and will not leave them home for a week without any kind of supervision. It'll be cramped but I think we'll just figure out a way to cram both dogs and our daughter in the backseat. We'll scale down on stuff we take and bring back.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura