Need help on deciding between Retrievers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran27

Jason said:
I'm stunned. This is exactly what a person should do when purchasing a dog, that's why I asked my original question. I want to be the best owner I can be. You sound like one of those losers from PETA.
No, that's what you're convinced of, that's different. I would love a golden/newf, but I wouldn't buy one from a breeder, because it would be a selfish decision. Still don't see the big picture I see.

Because it seems like most you are talking out of your butt with sterotypes, generalizations, and innuendo
You're right, it's generalizing and stereotype to say that a good breeder 1-does health testing on the parents, 2- doesn't breed them before they are 2 year old, 3- doesn't leave the mom and puppies in cages, 4- spends time with each puppy, 5- inquires about the buyer instead of just asking for a check, 6- doesn't charge the price of a pure bred puppy, 7- doesn't have over 5 litters a year, 8- doesn't have over 10 dogs for breeding, 9- doesn't breed the bitches more than once every 2 years, like I posted in the thread, but it's also true! I told you that to help you choose a right breeder, and you jumped at my throat for giving advice, and you're totally ignoring it again. Same when I said that the first site you listed seems to leave the puppies in cages - because there is a pic of their nursery, and you ignored it, too. How is that a stereotype?

I said you need to be careful where you get your dog from to avoid health problems, then I'm talking out of my butt, and if someone else says the same thing with different words, it's an excellent thing to say?

You're totally narrow minded and refuse to see that some people may have good points, just because you hold a grudge against them, when they are trying to help you. Please, grow up.

J

Jason

Here's an update for you. I got back information from Tegan Park, who I believe is one of the better LD breeders. Between the cost of the dog and shipping to Chicago, there's no way we're dropping that kind of coin. Therefore, a LD is out. I think we'll either buy a Golden from a breeder or a Golden mix from a shelter/rescue.

Fran27

No it doesn't make me feel good or anything to give those criteria. What made you think that? I never claimed I knew what breeders fit the criteria and who doesn't, that's why I gave the list, so you can ask questions when you need to, and know how to distinguish bad breeders from good breeders. I never said either a dog would die when being bought from a breeder, where did you get that from?????

That's your problem, no matter how good people's intentions are, you make up things to convince yourself (and others) that they are arrogant, when they are just trying to help. I don't know why you asked for feedback when you react this way to them.

For your decision, whatever kind of dog you get from a breeder, keep my criteria in mind. Because if you were willing to buy from TD park, I'm really worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.