Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Felurian

The public, by and large, can't be bothered to educate itself - doesn't want the responsiblity - and nefarious politicians will always make the most of that by exploiting ignorant fears to maintain power.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Are you dead yet?

Exactly, Renee.
What I worry about now, is since Ontario has taken the plunge, more of Canada and the U.S. will follow in their footsteps. Pit Bulls are already a very 'restricted' breed in the US, a lot of people can't own them or their insurance will be dropped, and sometimes they aren't always lucky enough to find an ins. company that accepts Pitties.
I just don't think that banning a dog is going to solve your problem. Then what's the deal going to be... "Child mauled viciously by labrador", are you going to ban Labradors as well? What about Chihuahuas? 3/4 of the Chihuahuas I meet are aggressive!

Gah..
Old 10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
treehugging clicker freak

ritards
*lol* j.k on that one

Next thing you know you'll have to have a liscense to own any kind of dog, and then there will be no dogs at all. Extinct! Scary!!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 10-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip's Girl

I am SO angry and upset about this, even though I don't own a pittie.. Pit Bulls are not killing machines, just dogs. If they ban Pits, they might as well ban GSD's and Labradors as well, because they are just as capable of biting and severely hurting someone.
"ticking time bombs"? Give me a friggin break.
I'll vote in the first poll now..

Jeez, why can't they just figure it out that banning ALL pit bulls isn't the answer? **sigh**
On a local radio station they said the exact same thing, freaking out at the government for trying to ban pitbuls but leaving other dogs that are capable of the same thing. I was quite impressed to hear a local radio station, who has the power to say someting actually say it. It's all becuase of ONE single idiotic person who didn't give their dog the proper research and training that was required and it got out of control and someone got hurt and now it's a huge deal.. CARS Kill more people than Dogs, Ban cars!!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:58 AM
Are you dead yet?

Cars don't kill on their own, they need a human 'behind the wheel' in order to do any harm. Yes, there are a few 'defective' ones, that do kill people, but those are few and far between. Instead of banning cars, they made regulations for drivers to follow. They made people get licenses to be able to drive cars. They arrested people who were misusing cars.
The exact same thing can be applied to pit bulls, and dogs in general.

Why not ban spoons, too? Yeah. More people die from heart disease and other obesity-related problems than car accidents. Surely the spoons are to blame for making people fat.

Argh I've had enough of this thread... It's not a good way to head off to bed.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

You know what, maybe they should make people get a license before owning a pit bull. That's probably not a bad idea...You have to fill out an application before adopting any pet, maybe they should make people do that in order to own a pit. Maybe that would weed out some of the bad guys, and we could get these pits into good family homes....
Old 10-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Big Dog

I think in my last post i was a little tired, and a little bit angry that they are STILL trying to pass this stupid ban! I think it would be so much fairer to the animals, and to responsible owners if they had to pay to get a lisence to own a pitbul. Maybe go through a criminal background check? or just look for obvious reasons and your right, it would DEFINATELy eliminate alot of problems. I heard that the ban was passed a few days ago, is there any truth to this? And i am sorry if i upset you Rip's Girl, it wasn't my intention. Like i said, im going to blame it on the fact i was extremely tired and not thinking clearly