Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Ok, this weekend is the weekend we will bring our dogs to meet her. My fingers are crossed. Shelby has been being good since we brought her home so I think she will be ok. She usually isn't mean until after the dog gets in "her" home (we have some dominance issues to work out with her).

Old 07-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Island dweller

that's great julie. If shelby meets her outside of the home it will really improve their chances of getting along at home.

How exciting!

How is Shelby?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Shelby's doing ok, she's learning. I can't help but try and help her with everything though. I know she needs to do things by herself but I can't help myself. The vet said she is looking good though, he's got good vibes about her.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Well we went to go see her this weekend. And she was a VERY sweet dog, but just not the dog for us. All the dogs got along great together just for some reason I didn't get the immediate connection with her as I did all my other dogs. Plus she wasn't as good with kids as the foster parents said. I think I'll try do a little more research on a breed before I jump into another dog as well, they were telling us about Brittneys and I was like "whoa! That is DEFINETELY not the breed for us!"

Old 07-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

You did the right thing then. I wish more people would do that!

So, are you going to look for another dog?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Rusty but Trusty

yeah we're just gonna try and figure out what breed would best suit us before we continue any further. We probably will stay away from the bigger breeds and look for a nice small lap dog. I've been talking pugs with Showpug and I've been doing some research on pugs. Showpugs been doing a really good job at giving me breeders and rescues around where I live.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Love my pets

Sorry it didn't work out, but you made the right decision not taking a dog unless you're 100% positive it's the dog you want. I'm sure the right one will come along.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Rusty but Trusty

yeah we might just wait a few years though and let our dogs mature and grow up a little more before we start considering another dog. I'm sure the right dog will come around for us eventually (they always do).