Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

Default My friend and her new man came over

My friend and her new man came over to my house Saturday night after we had gone out to eat and had a few drinks. Well, I will admit that Brady does jump some, and I have been working with him and he has gotten so much better. When company comes over I stay right by him and make him sit, though he will jump up on occasion. The guy likes dogs and all and his rommate has one so I didn't think we would have a problem. Well Brady jumped up and that guy hit him SO hard on the nose. I was like what the f*&$? Brady does not get hit by anyone, and I especially don't appreciate someone I barely know coming into my home and thinking he can discipline MY dog. I flew off the handle. I said "Don't you ever hit my dog again, you don't come into my home/his home and hit him." He said "Why, he was going to jump?" I told him because I don't personally believe in hitting an animal to teach it a lesson, I only believe in positive reinforcements. He said something along the lines of how dumb that was and I retorted that if he ever hit my dog again I would cut of his b@lls and place them on a stake in my front yard, and were we understood? A little harsh I will admit, but I was so mad I was practically seeing red. He seemed to be a bit disturbed by my statement. I wonder if it was my tone or my words that got him?

I am sorry, but people just cannot come into my house and hit my dog. And this is the second time she has brought a boyfriend that tries to act all big and bad like he knows how to handle a dog, and both have just come off looking like complete idiots in that department. But, it is not her fault that she hasn't chosen a man that has any canine intellect.

So, after I told him about the whole positive reinforcement thing, the dimwit then fed my dog a whole Krystal! And he didn't even ask me if he could eat it, he just gave it to him! I would have consented, possibly to a little bite, but don't give my dog a whole Krystal! I said oh geesh, don't give him anything else! Ugh! I thought the guy was alright until this whole incident and now I am completely annoyed and disgusted by him. I am so thankful for my animal loving husband and that I am not out in the dating scene because if I was, I would be holed up in my house with my dog. There are some real idiots out there.