Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 10-11-2007, 05:32 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Yet again....

This is the very reason I am leaving this forum.

This is a forum this, this is a forum that. We get it already! It's a **** forum!!!

What people are trying to tell you is that letting people stay here that believe in drowning dogs and beating them and breeding a thousand puppies and then go ahead and boast about how they do it is ridiculous!!!

Get it now???

Like I said, this place has turned into a numbers thing. It is all of a sudden about quantity NOT quality, like it used to be.

I don't give a crap about discussions or arguements. What I do care about is when a, what used to be quality forum, all of a sudden has no problems having the scum of the earth here and lets them spew their crap about.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Felurian

Actually, we've allowed the members to - by and large - deal with those sorts of training and ethical issues, and, in large part, most have been extremely effective and used good arguments and rational thoughts and have avoided the pitfalls of personal terms like "scum" and sensational, National Enquirer-esque (or Rovian, or Goebbel-esque) tactics such as comparing them to child molesters, as if beating and holding a dog under water isn't heinous enough to be condemned for its own sake. That sort of manipulative, hysterical rhetoric doesn't achieve anything other than to make the user of lose credibility.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 PM

sometimes people have to be made aware of the evil in the world to obtain the good. and I think people understand the good in your posts against that very evil. dog lovers in general do want to do what is best for their pet. they'll see that when you post against what you hate most.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
as if beating and holding a dog under water isn't heinous enough to be condemned for its own sake. .
I think that is the whole point....they are NOT condemned. They are welcomed to continue posting their slop, while they summon other folks from other forums to come over and support them and then they carry on find and dandy. Next thing you know, the thread in in shambles and they just go start another one.

Freedom of speech is one thing. Allowing someone to discuss barbaric methods and call the rest of us animal lovers "less" of a pet owner because we don't hit our pets....well, I shouldn't even have to comment on that.

...Que sera...

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
I need a signature re-vamp. Anyone up for the task?

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 10-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

Lose credibility? Whoever sees a loss of credibility for the upholding of standards of good over evil, of right over wrong, of moral over immoral, of cruelty over kindness, regardless of the adjectives they use, are not people from which credibility is of value. Are there really that many people who can not make a distinction between those things? Is everything just one big gray area? No right or wrong answer. Is everything up to interreptation? That is what is wrong with this world, why criminals get more rights than the victims often times. No standards to live by. Why would someone who is able to see a distinction between good and evil need to see crediblity thereof anyway? And for those who can't, as I mentioned before....empathy will not be replentished by credibility for those who never had it.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Purdue#1

know your words please:

empathy

1.Direct identification with, understanding of, and vicarious experience of another person's situation, feelings, and motives.

2.The projection of one's own feelings or emotional state onto an object or animal.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Felurian

Being allowed to speak their piece is NOT the same as being welcomed.

And, I remember that some of you were every bit as vehemently dead set against some of our good APBT friends when they first joined us.

Do I like the practices some of these people preach? Hardly, and I have stated such, as have numerous others here. As unwelcome as that contingent is, they will likely get bored with pissing up a rope here and go find someplace else to try to find converts. Or, they'll enjoy all their ability to lead some of you around by the nose and keep you busy lashing out at everything and everyone who doesn't do EVERYTHING your way. And laughing at you.

For a bunch who advocates positive reinforcement training you sure are quick with the harsh words and corrections and clamoring for the forum equivalent of choke chains and staves.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Gee a tad p!ssy are we? We stand for things and refuse to be part of something that is allowing people here that abuse and neglect animals. People that will give other people advice that come here.

Since when did standing up for what is right become such a crime to you people.

Maybe we should all just sit back and let them do and say what they want. Yeah that'll fix things.

IMO if someone comes here that admits to abusing dogs they should be gone. No if's, and's or but's.

Comparing our feelings of this forum to using choke chains and staves is kind of stupid actually.

I am sorry if some of you are mad because certain people left. People that have been here for a very long time. Obviously if those people leave there IS something wrong.

By the way, shouldn't things said in the Mod forum stay between mods and not put out here for everyone to read about?

Carrie, has been a wonderful member here and a great mod. She has helped sooooo many people with training issues etc. For people to sit here and talk bad about her because she has a different mindset on a certain subject just goes to show how some of the people here REALLY are and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I was thinking that earlier, i wonder if the person that "trolled" this into a froth is sitting back and laughing there heads off.THis is a meal AND dessert. Why can't people disagree about things and stay civil? I disagree with a lot of opinions on here but i don't find it necessary to call out names. Or to keep drama going on forever. I know this thread has become an unpleasant task, to read through. Just more of the same thing that has been ground into dust.ANd that is a shame, i think i would rather read about dogs. Guess i will head to the dog chat and see what is happening around there. THat is what i love about a forum. If you find something you don't like, your perfectly welcome to do something else.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Who woulda thought <3

If people want to be civil to people that beat their dogs and half-drown them, or to people that are puppy-millers then be my guest...

I for one will have no part of being civil to someone like that...

I'm done..

Carry on..