Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

A-h-h....it's only 13 or 14 paragraphs. Come on...you can do it. I dare ya.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Ok, one last post.

THANK YOU CARRIE, for saying what the rest of us have been trying to say. Maybe they will understand you!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
cuckoo

Excellent post Carrie....
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit bat View Post
Excellent post Carrie....
Agreed... ^^
Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I have always been pretty darn persistant in the things i believe here. Gentle training, no cropping,no docking, no breeding (not until 50 million animals are not dying daily from lack of homes, not spending money on dna testing when that money could spay two dogs at the shelter so more puppies don't end up dying the hard way sighs..and i will bet dimes to doughnuts that 5 people already are disagreeing with me.I don't believe in dogs kept outside at all times, or having one dog untrained and getting another. I don't believe in having more dogs then you can give SOME training to every day. I don't believe in crates or having puppies when someone is not home during the day, i believe you could find a sitter before you stick a dog in a box for 8 hours if you tried hard enough. So now i have disagreed with the croppers and dockers, some of the craters, breeders, and some of the trainers. DOesn't make me popular by any means but those are things i believe in strongly and will post my opinion where ever i think it would have some purpose, maybe not to the person that has begun the thread, but to anyone else that is reading what i write as well.

DOes it mean i get mad when someone disagrees with me? OR i leave if they tell me i am wrong, or call me out, please call me out. I will debate these issues with anyone willing to take the time. I believe this forum is important because i CAN stand for what i believe in. As long as i do so with some tact. If i did get mad i would lose the chance that maybe one person might not do any of those things i believe in so passionatly. I love dogs more then just about anything else on the planet. I have had a lot of experience, more then your average bear so i can back up what i have learned, and maybe pass on some information to someone that could use it. THat is why i am here and i put in a good amount of time just as i do in my efforts for the humane society. FOr me it is all for the puppies.

I only wish one thing of the members here that they would speak respectfully about what they believe in and respect others their right to disagree. Why is that so hard to do?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 10-11-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Felurian

Except, Carrie, that you're so intent on one trail that you've missed the entire point.

But - as this is Chazhound and we have always and will continue to have a policy of openness, the really swooft thing is you get to follow your own trail and are free to ignore - or disagree with, or argue about - whatever disagrees with your view of how things should be done.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-11-2007, 05:05 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

And again, the point is missed!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I think Carrie has explained the point quite well, too bad its being missed....
Old 10-11-2007, 05:09 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

IT isn't that is missed, it is that there isn't necessarily agreement. THe idea that CHazhound has changed is not agreed with by my point of view. THe idea that there are certain people causing waves, nothing different there. THat some people want other people to agree when they don't, is that your point? IF that is the case, then maybe a blog would be a better way for those that feel so to communicate.

The "point" as i understand it is that this is a forum to exchange ideas about training breeding health and so on. And when you have that there will always be at least two conflicting opinions on any topic. TO me that is what a forum is. SO what is your "point"? Exactly?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Felurian

No, it isn't. Carrie's made that same point over and over again, at length, both on the open forum and in the moderator's forum. Just because we aren't in agreement to close ranks doesn't mean the point isn't understood.

Carrie's ethics and principles have always been held in high esteem and it's a shame all trainers don't have those kinds of values. And no, people like Richling are unlikely to ever be swayed, but maybe one or two people reading might take heed and look to find better trainers by being exposed to the debate - or they might be completely turned off by a clicquish group who summarily silences and bans anyone who dares to disagree with them.

But, regardless, this IS a forum - and an open one. And that IS the point.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian