Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Show Dog

Luke seems to be scratching his ear a lot, but we clean his ears often. I don't really mind what kind of dog I get. I just care if they take to me. Luke seems to be taking to my mom (even though she spanks him when he goes inside or when he bites my sister.(*gasp* Meanie!)) most. But we're good friends and he doesn't hate me, that's good.

It's okay and YES! The rumors are true, Cockers pee when they're excited!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Felurian

You Mom's probably the one who's around more of the time. Wait until you're off for summer vacation and you can spend lots more time with Luke; you'll see a difference when he figures out how much more fun you are than your Mom!
Old 02-21-2004, 05:41 PM
treehugging clicker freak

lol... not ALL Cockers do, so I was just wondering. How does your Mom react when Luke does it? My mom gets all embaressed and she won't let me take Maddie places that much
How old is Luke again?
Old 02-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Show Dog

Yes, Renee, I know. She is with him more becuase when I go to my dad's house for a week, I'm only there on week days for two hours after school. But when I'm with my mom, I'm there all the time except for when I go to school.

Luke is 3 months and 4 on March 9th. My mom doesn't notice because he never does it on her. He gets excited when people who he hasn't seen for an hour or longer come and take him out of his crate/kennel, I don't exactly know what it's called. Then he pees on them. I hardly get peed on because my friend who carpools with me always take Luke out. My mom never gets peed on because my sister always goes to see Luke first.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Felurian

That's what they call submissive urination. It might help sometimes if whoever is going in to Luke talks to him before they actually get to him. Shiva used to do that - talk about ridiculous! Imagine seeing a puppy SO HUGE doing that! I'm sooo glad she's grown out of it.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:07 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I'm glad Maddie isn't that bad. She never urinates when its people she knows. My uncle used to come up to our house every other weekend, so she got used to him about the second time he came over and stoped. He hadn't been here for about a month, but when he came back she still didn't. There for a while I thought she had grown out of it, but this winter we took her to Pets Mart and she was so excited, when someone bent done to pet her it was automatic. Its wierd because she'll do it once, and then won't do it the rest of the time we're there. Like her bladder's empty or something. She's NEVER urinated on me, my mom, my brother or my dad. I don't think my dad would tolerate that, but my mom gets embaressed when she does it to other people when we walk her or take her to pets mart for example.