Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Squishy22

Her dog seems to be doing pretty good. There is still blood in her urine though. She isn't showing any signs of pain when she urinates, but you really never know. My mom plans on calling the vet again today. I talked to my boyfriend about this last night and he pretty much said that he is not going to risk losing his job when he has a baby on the way very soon. He refuses to give her any money until he gets paid again, and I agreed with him after thinking about the situation for hours. I feel like its my responsibility to get the dog to the vet, but my unborn is my number one priority. This is very hard, and I know that I will be blaming myself if anything happens to her dog. But, with that said, I know I would feel even worse if my boyfriend loses his job and ends up having no way to support our child.

I agree that her dog should be with someone who can support her better, but this dog has MAJOR aggression problems. She tries to attack anyone and everyone. It would be irresponsible to put a very aggressive dog into another home. She would most likely be sent to the pound and put to sleep.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Top Dog

Vet. ASAP. Preferrably immediately.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

Is this dog spayed?? Unless I missed it. Could she be in heat???
And if the dog is fixed and nobody has the funds to care for it, then for the dogs sake drop it off at the HS, they at least will get it vet care and find it a home that will be responsible for the animal.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

Reggin ....This cannot be easy on your mom . She lost her husband , your Dad , in January and you announced your pregnacy soon after . Are you still living under her roof and if so , what is your contribution ?? What are your and Brian's plans .Don't you have younger siblings living at home ?? On top of all this is a dog suffering . I'd be a basket case if I was your Mom !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-18-2007, 08:53 PM
ĜȫƝ ₩īĿ

Hows this dog doing? When he piddles does the blood come late when almost finished or the whole time? Does the dog display pain when you wrap your hands firmly around his loins?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I know this dog means a lot to your mom, but she just has to get vet care, even if it means she has to give her up. It could be something simple (though painful) or something serious and she could lose the poor girl anyway.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Is this dog spayed?? Unless I missed it. Could she be in heat???
And if the dog is fixed and nobody has the funds to care for it, then for the dogs sake drop it off at the HS, they at least will get it vet care and find it a home that will be responsible for the animal.
That's what I was thinking...
Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Reggin ....This cannot be easy on your mom . She lost her husband , your Dad , in January and you announced your pregnacy soon after . Are you still living under her roof and if so , what is your contribution ?? What are your and Brian's plans .Don't you have younger siblings living at home ?? On top of all this is a dog suffering . I'd be a basket case if I was your Mom !!!
We share a place which means we split the rent and bills down the middle, otherwise she wouldn't be able to afford the place she is living at. I have a 15 year old younger sis. Brandon and I are moving out as soon as the lease is up. We cannot move out until then, because like I said... she cant afford this place on her own. She is going to find a cheaper place when we move. Its not like I am living off of her. No way would I do such a thing. She doesn't pay for my food either. Just to clear things up.

I know this is not easy on her. She loves her dog more than anything. she should have been more responsible with her money.

Last edited by Squishy22; 09-19-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
Hows this dog doing? When he piddles does the blood come late when almost finished or the whole time? Does the dog display pain when you wrap your hands firmly around his loins?
I will have to ask my mom about the blood, because I am not too sure if it has changed since yesterday. She doesn't display any kind of pain. She was actually playing with reggin today which surprised the heck out of me.

To everyone that suggests giving her up. I have said this before, but I guess I will say it again. Her dog is VERY aggressive with people. It would be very irresponsible to place her in a home where she could hurt someone. If she is taken to the pound she will be put to sleep because you cannot rehome dangerous dogs. Her life would be ultimately ended if my mother was to get rid of her. I am not kidding when I say she is aggressive. She has chased people down the street before, and she has also attacked me and my mom when we force her to go into a crate when visitors come over.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Well here's an even more unpopular suggestion: euthanasia. It's obvious your mother can't care properly for it. You can't give it away. The dog may die of the illness. You can't spare money to take care of it, nor should you.

I know it sucks to watch the dog be in pain but your boyfriend cannot risk his job over the dog. Your baby and ya'lls well being HAS to come first. Dogs, while great creatures, aren't above human life in most instances. So it's going to have to be either the dog goes, ya'll find some other source of money (a family member or something, which you've already said wouldn't do it), or ya'll risk your baby being born into a very hard situation. It's a game of evils and there's no real way to win.

All you can do is either see if the vet will be very generous in working something out or get rid of the dog. You can't risk you and your baby on a dog. It's not logical.

Anyhow, is the blood bright red or a darkish red in color? That can help in determining where it's coming from as well (intestinal bleeding vs bladder bleeding).

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown