Bringing the bowl....

bogolove

I don't know why he does it. But Brady brings his bowl into the living room. I know it is not because he is hungry, because I have put food in it after that before and he just looks at me like I am a moron and that is not what he wanted. He had already eaten tonight. I was sitting in the living room and he just walks in with it in his mouth and lies it in the floor. He does it almost every day now. I just can't figure it out. He will even carry it around outside if i put it outside with him. We usually eat in the living room, and I thought well maybe he wants to eat in htere too, but I really don't think that is it. He can be a little obsessive about stuff, but I was just wondering what you guys thought.

They do some strange things with their "stuff." Buffy used to dump her food out of her bowl, sweep it up into a pile with her snoot, tamp it down, then flip her bowl upside down on top of the pile.

Maybe he just likes having his bowl with him?

Debi

If I don't pick up the bowls after eating, my dogs consider them another toy to play with. They have been pretty abused. lol Hammie will also try to get his bowl if he wants more water when he's in the house. I bet he's carrying it around just cause it's 'his'. :)

The dog is just being pro-active. He is ready for anything with his bowl by his side.

Dogs are so funny with their ways sometimes :)

bogolove

They are so funny. I also think he knows I will chase him to get it. Brady's favorite game is to "take something mommy won't want me to have and wag my tail and prance around where she can't me." He acts like he thinks he is so cute when he does that. (which of course he is, unless it is a title to one of our cars.....)

LOL! Count yourself lucky! The two girls like to find things they're not supposed to have that are just the right size, and when they've got my attention and I ask them what they've got, they hide it up in those capacious maws and I get to go fishing in there for whatever it is. Of course, the funny part is people's reaction when my hand disappears in those big cavernous mouths up to my wrist . . . and they see the teeth . . . :eek:

Mz_Mutley

Owned By Neos
Funny topic actually.... I have two dogs which are from the same bloodline and for some reason as soon as these two are finished their food they have this uncontrolable need to throw their food bowls every where..... and it goes on for about 45mins - 1hour, until they wear themselves out. I have spoken to a few other people that have dogs from the same bloodlines and lotof them have seen the same behaviour in their dogs. The funny thing is I have two other dogs (from a different bloodline) who don't do this at all.... they just eat their food and then leave their bowls alone.

Cheers
Mz Mutley

bogolove

LOL! No Renee, I do have to go fishing for stuff. I guess at least he does not have a huge mouth, but some how he manages to push it (if it is paper) as far back as possible and I do Have to stuff my hand in there and pull it out. He has some strong jaws too, sometimes I can hardly get those things open when he wants to keep his paper that must taste so good. Or if he has a flip flop or a sock. he will steal anything from me that will make me chase him. I have turned the tables on him before though, and I have stolen a toy and I run off with it, he chases me and he does not know what to do though wwhen he gets me. i usually just give it to him after a little tug of war.

Members online

No members online now.