Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Squishy22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Is there anyway you could chip in for the exam fees and then have Brandon pay you back?
Great idea, but I am unemployed. I'm a full time student trying to get my schooling finished. I have no money saved myself, ughhh that sounds horrible. Brandons money is pretty much my money.

I will figure out how to get her dog to the vet somehow. I am going to have a talk with brandon to see if he will pay for it tomorrow, even though the money he has is supposed to be for the car that desperately needs a new starter.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Reggin - I don't like to tell you this, but my Bear started passing bright red blood in his urine. I got him to the vet first thing the next morning. I'd lost him within 48 hours He was quite elderly for such a large dog (110 lbs) - at least 14, maybe older, but he'd been the picture of health immediately before that.
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

I feel at such a loss here !!! I have plenty of credit on my card for any emergencies as I pay off every month . This should an eye opener to many !! Get a card and charge only what you would pay cash for , then pay it off. I opened a joint card with EliN when she went to college . It had a limit of $500. Through the years the limit is now $8000.! She never used it , but with me charging here and there it sure helped her credit ! It's peace of mind for me as I could never come up with that amount of cash for an emergency . I would have a month to sell something or bollow against my home .
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Squishy22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Reggin - I don't like to tell you this, but my Bear started passing bright red blood in his urine. I got him to the vet first thing the next morning. I'd lost him within 48 hours He was quite elderly for such a large dog (110 lbs) - at least 14, maybe older, but he'd been the picture of health immediately before that.
OMG! What was it that he had? Thats very scary.

My mother just lost her husband of 15 years last jan. Her dog is her life. She would be devastated if her dog died.

She is not being responsible at all. Just the other month she got 200 bucks from a cash advance website just for extra spending money and cigarette money. I dont think she paid them back when she got paid. Now a REAL emergency comes along and she has no way of getting any money. She gets under my skin!!!

Her dog is also going blind and def, but refuses to take her to the vet for any of it. She keeps saying that she will do it next pay day, but she never does. Please note that her dog is only 5 and a toy breed. Today she told me that about a year ago her dog was peeing a little blood, but decided not to take her to the vet at all because it "cleared up on its own". Now that kind of pi$$ed me off.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Squishy22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
I feel at such a loss here !!! I have plenty of credit on my card for any emergencies as I pay off every month . This should an eye opener to many !! Get a card and charge only what you would pay cash for , then pay it off. I opened a joint card with EliN when she went to college . It had a limit of $500. Through the years the limit is now $8000.! She never used it , but with me charging here and there it sure helped her credit ! It's peace of mind for me as I could never come up with that amount of cash for an emergency . I would have a month to sell something or bollow against my home .
My mom has a huge spending problem. She Blew 80 grand in about 6 months and has NOTHING to show for it. Dont ask me how thats even possible. Plus she even pawned off her own wedding ring for money. Not to mention my little sisters play station when she was younger.

End of my rant, lol. It just REALLY gets to me sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,311
Default

Oh Reggin I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

BUT..... and I hate to say this because that poor animal is suffering but.... it is your mothers responsibility. YOU have a bigger responsiblity coming up. Brandon cannot risk losing his job over this. You need to save YOUR money for your own. I'm sure that is going to be an unpopular view point here but with a baby on the way you can't risk it.

it is terrible of your mom to even put you in such a position. and I think you should tell her that. I hope your mom gets her act together and does what she needs to do.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Squishy22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Oh Reggin I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

BUT..... and I hate to say this because that poor animal is suffering but.... it is your mothers responsibility. YOU have a bigger responsiblity coming up. Brandon cannot risk losing his job over this. You need to save YOUR money for your own. I'm sure that is going to be an unpopular view point here but with a baby on the way you can't risk it.

it is terrible of your mom to even put you in such a position. and I think you should tell her that. I hope your mom gets her act together and does what she needs to do.
My baby is my FIRST responsibility and I know brandon feels the same way. Risking him losing his job over this is a VERY scary thing, but yet I am supposed to sit here and see her dog go through this pain. I am in such a horrible position. Its a lose lose situation, but as I said before... my baby is number one!

Ok, now an update on her dog. I just found out that she gave her dog a piece of a chocolate cookie last night. Could that cause bloody urine? I know chocolate is toxic, but she says she only fed her a tiny bit. Also, her dogs stool looks funky too. Its covered with mucus. Very gooey and soft.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 PM
malmo's Avatar
malmo malmo is offline
Here to learn
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 676
Default

This might not be a popular opinion either, but it really is not fair of your mom to rely on you all the time to pull her out of emergencies, any more than it is fair for you to rely on her. I mean, family is family. But, it sounds like your mom has wasted all of her good will already.

Still I am like you and can't imagine just sitting by to let the poor dog suffer. I don't know your whole story (although congratulations on the new baby-to-be) but it sounds like you are trying to keep your priorities straight in the best way possible.

What I would hope is that your mom can work something out directly with the vet. The vet will be able to impose much steeper consequences for her non-repayment (interest, credit dings, whatever) than you will, and it will be left to her to take care of it. I know nothing of the veterinary business, but I would hope that there is some sort of protocol in place to handle this type of situation. Some sort of payment plan deal where the dog can get her needs met and mom still be responsible for payment.

Anyway, I don't know you guys personally so take it with a grain of salt. It just seems like sometimes we end up feeling obligated to clean up other people's messes when there are better systems in place.

Poor dog. I've been thinking about her all night... Hopefully it is something simple and cheap and easy. Hopefully.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-18-2007, 03:12 AM
taratippy taratippy is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 232
Default

Im sure this will be even less popular! I feel for your situation, it must be horrible to watch the dog suffer but he really does need to go to a vet asap however the money gets paid.

However I would also say once this problem is cleared up and I hope it does get cleared up - quite frankly the dog should be rehomed to someone who will look after it and care for its medical needs.
__________________
http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site...24ef94f5d0cbe6

You bet they die!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-18-2007, 09:29 AM
malmo's Avatar
malmo malmo is offline
Here to learn
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 676
Default

How's the dog today, Reggin?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site