Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s
howcum u couldnt adopt?
We've already got three pretty big dogs....and he was a few states away from me. But he's a gorgeous boy, and I'm glad he found someone.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:03 AM
BusterLove

yeah, thats always a +

Old 05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Puppy Dog

I"m sorry I havn't posted yet but I havn't been on the computer in a while.

My weim is one of the best dogs I've ever had. They have amazing temperments and can stand even my annoying new gsd puppy that constantly wants to play while she tries to sleep . They need lots of exersise and brain stimulation to be truly content. They are amazingly smart, she has outsmarted me a few times . Most are prone to over eat if given the chance and should have controlled feedings. They are easy to train as long as you don't over do it or they can become less motavated. Overall great dogs and very loveable.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:20 PM
BusterLove

oh, they are nice dogs, i like them alot, sound lovely and ill jdefinetly get one one day

Old 06-16-2005, 01:03 PM
TishaBishaKate

Default Weims Are Great

Yes, Weims are the greatest! We have had ours for about 4 years. She has turned into such a sweet girl - very intelligent and so funny. They make you laugh every day. We have never been out when someone has not stopped us to say what a beautiful dog she is - and most ask what kind she is because they are not as familar with Weims as they are other breeds. But before anyone gets a Weim, they really need to do some research and decide if a Weim is for them. Lots of energy, exercise, patience, etc. You will find many Weims in a rescue shelter because their owners didn't understand what it takes to be a good Weim parent. They do not like to be by themselves - very, very people dogs! Not to be left outside or in a kennel all day!

If someone is interested in getting a Weim, I would suggest becoming a Weim foster care parent first - no better way for you to find out if a Weim is for you.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:14 AM
Shilo is HERE!

They really are great dogs. My inlaws have 3 of them.

I lived with them for 4 years. They started out with one weimaraner. Then got another one. Then my Father in law was at some guys house and he asked him if he wanted another one. He said sure. I guess the story for the last one was that The guys son got it for his girlfriend. But then they broke up and the son got the dog. Well he didnt want to take care of it (or couldnt) so the father got the dog. Which he didnt want, so thats how my father in law got it.

Although, they do tend to "pass gas" alot! I'll post pictures as soon as I get some scanned.

Forgot to say: If you let them run without a fence or anything, be prepared to have dead game animals on your porch. That and the one dog lets them out all the time. She knows how to open doors. I mean really, the kind of handles that you have to twist...she opens them!

Last edited by Weluvgoldens; 07-06-2005 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:30 AM
poop

Mines really super aggressive. If not for that fact I would say its a great dog. Mines 3 years old. I'm currently working on getting him less agressive but it seems to be a personality issue with my dog rather than a training issue. (He attacked the vet and the trainer who know how to handle dogs so its not looking good).