Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

Default Do they always play so rough?

I'm so worried everytime Boris and Tips play together... They just keep biting/nipping each other, Tips is yelping quite a bit and growling too, while Boris just bites, send his paw, and nips.

Is it really normal? When should I seperate them? I'm really scared that Boris will hurt Tips, even if Tips is by far the most 'agressive'. I keep telling myself it's just puppy play but still...
Old 06-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Rusty but Trusty

My dogs are like that and I just leave them be, unless I think it's been going on TOO long than I will stop them and seperate them for ten minutes.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Mixed Dog

i posted same thread like that a day ago...
your dogs are just like my dogs..
But i think it's their way of playing.
But if one of the dog is running away from the other, I think you should stop them

Dog abusers: Unwanted
+Dogs4[my]life+
Old 07-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Felurian

Sounds like puppy play to me, Fran. Mine sound like Chewbacca when he was fighting the Thing in the garbage chute, lol!

If it looks like they're getting carried away and it's getting too rough just call them to you and calm them down for a bit. It's actually good to do that as it gives you a chance to teach them to stop an activity when you want them to.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Top Dog

At least come/sit works most of the time to seperate them. Except in the morning. Boris is so happy to be with Tips that he mostly ignores me
Old 07-01-2005, 12:06 PM

Fran..sounds all tooooo familiar. Addie just cannot play without all the yakking/noise/growling. I always keep an eye out cause she sounds so darn serious. The reality is...Ham could break her in two if he wanted...he just LOVES this play from her...and SHE is the one that always starts it. I can always tell when it becomes a little too intense..rare, but does happen sometimes..maybe they get toooo excited. Then I just give a 'stop'....and they do. But I also usually just let them work it all out. I know for a fact that Hammie almost teases Addie into her growling frenzy...guess it's all part of the fun. I guess it's just their way of communicating..sounds pretty harsh to us...but sure seems fun to them! Once in a while I'll hear such craziness..get all concerned (like you'd think one of them would be wounded or something) Yet, I've never even seen a scratch. Guess Addie is like me...a chick with a big mouth!!! LOL
Old 07-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Not crazy...

Just playing, dont worry. You'll be able to hear fighting from playing. Dont be over protective now though, they need there play

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 07-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Yeah they got over one hour of playtime today.

Another question though - will they ever stop playing to sleep? I swear, I already have to seperate them when I want Tips to pee, because Boris won't let him. Boris never leaves him alone, which is why I often end up seperating them so Tips can explore etc. It's a bit better when they are inside, but not much, so I'm worried they will just never take a break to sleep if I don't seperate them...
Old 07-01-2005, 01:13 PM

when Ham was a pup...and a bit of wild energy..I used to separate him and Addie for about 3 hours a day. It gave Addie a break, a rest....gave Ham time to be doing the exploring..getting a little 'me' time for himself. I personally don't think it's a bad idea to separate them sometimes. (poor Tips has to have pee time!!! lol)
Old 07-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Not crazy...

Don't worry. When there tired they will sleep. I have the same problem with my 2 boys

Buster, 11 weeks