Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Salty Sea Dog

Default Quick Update on Ruby

shes been back with me 1 week and i must say im glad to have her back, shes a joy to have around.

all those "problems" the woman was supposedly having...well i simply CANNOT recreate a single one of them!

i switched her from the 48 inch "play pen" crate with a puppy pad, thinking mabe thats what happend, mabe she just couldnt hold her bladder all night...
she sleeps fine in the 24" and slept from 11pm-8am with no accidents and no accidents on the way from the crate to the garden...so this morning she whent to bed at 10pm and wasnt up till 9am...an extra 2 hours...she was definatly desperate to go potty, but still no accidents.
i simply cant recreate the problem so must conclude either ruby was NOT doing the things this woman said she was, Or, Ruby was simply so terrified of this woman and leaving her crate that in her mind there was simply no way to avoid having an accident.

she goes in tomorrow for a shave down, shes simply too hot and while i love her puffer coat, right now shes not comfortable...she also doesnt enjoy being brushed so this will save alot of time in brushing and help with reconditioning her slowly to enjoy grooming...

shes walking great on leash, we go to the park every night after work, (yes she also gets to come to work with me) and when were on a path she walks to heal, when were on the grass she gets a little sniff happy and distracted, but that can easily be worked on.

so this week were going to start working on basic obedience, sit, stay, down...
and hopefully shes smart enough to pick these up quickly too...
im hoping to do CGC with her and get her her therapy license!

yay for Ruby, shes realy blossoming!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 08-19-2007, 11:44 AM
swimming upstream

that's great news Foxy!! I'm glad you are keeping her--sounds like she choose you to be her mom!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

Thats great to hear!