Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Haven't these people seen homeward bound? Chance wouldn't harm a fly. I just believe that if you raise anything from a baby that there's no excuse for terrible behaviour. That goes for children and dogs alike. "It's the breed" is just an excuse. My friend has awful untrained dogs that walk all over every peice of furniture and take your food out of your hands and totally ignore any and all commands. You just CANT bathe or groom them. You can't clip theirs nails or check their ears or teeth because they won't allow it and she blames the dogs. They are just "that way" she has a sheltie, a mini aussie, and 2 min pins. She is full of B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
Yup, people imediately write me off if I try and educate them because:

One, I am a teen (and of course teens are just hot headed and hormonal, they don't know anything )

Two, Because I love dogs and am thus biased.

*sigh*

~Tucker
Too true. I've even gotten the "when you get older you'll change your mind.." one. Ummmmm.... I just told you I'm not going to beat/choke/rub my dog's nose in things because it's abuse... you think I'll change my mind? I bet I could change yours. Or be slapped with a lawsuit for assaulting someone.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:56 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
A lot of times it's the type of people who are attracted to pit breeds that cause those types of stereotypes. Many people who seek out pitts are likely to train them as fight dogs or guard dogs (the kind that attack intruders.) In the state where I live I see so many people in bad, dangerous parts of town who all seem so own pitt breeds or rotties and they will openly talk about how it's a "fight dog" or others own them to scare away unwelcome people to keep their drug businesses from getting busted. I think that people who seeks out these breeds and train them to be agressive are a big reason for this reputation.
I agree with a couple of your points Samantha. It p!sses me off to no end when I see young males that are trying to be badass using a pitbull to 'help' their image There are a couple I see constantly walking their pitties (who do not look well cared for) on HUGE chains (like towing chains) with no collar for the dogs. Sickening really.

And OF COURSE you are just saying that because you are a dog lover If you were a dog hater........why would you bother?