Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

^There are some good reasons for a dog walker. My husband's sister lives up north and she works too far away from home to let her dog out during the day. she has a house, but her yard is weird and not fenceable, plus it is split into a duplex and she rents the other side out. she has a mastiff and she takes him to the cape regularly and walks every night and he has play dates with other dogs. she just can't get home at lunch to let him out, so she has a dog walker that lets him out while she is at work. Her job is in forensics in the Mass. State Police, so sometimes she has crazy hours and sometimes she has normal/short hours. I think that is one of the biggest reasons people get dog walkers. at least i would imagine so. If I didn't have a big fenced in back yard, I would want my dog let out during the day while I was at work. I just am not a very trusting person, so i would have to find one that was bonded. but I am lucky enough that Brady's dog he plays with, jenny, lives 4 houses down, so we take turns keeping each other animals in a pinch. I think dog walkers can be a good thing, if you get the right one.

jp1004 - There are people out there that love animals so much and is why they are dog walkers, but yours is obviously not doing her job. I would be so mad, but more on the fact that I found out my dog was not getting to go out. That is the whole point of a dog walker. If she is your boyfriend's friend's girlfriend, why don't you ask her what the heck she was doing to earn the money you gave her besides perfecting her note writing? This isn't a charity, it is a business. You can also report her to the Better business Bureau too.