Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

Default another idea for people who want doodles

I took my hounds out for a run this morning and saw a number of doodles, and two Portugese Water Dogs, one chocolate and one parti-colored. I was impressed by the similarity in appearance, in fact the owner of the Portugese Water Dogs told me that since the advent of the doodle everyone thinks his dogs ARE doodles. They certainly resemble the doodles more than either poodles or Labs/Goldens do.

Since I think prospective doodle owners are more into looks than anything else, suggesting a Portugese Water Dog seems like a good idea to me. Also they will have more of an idea of what kind of disposition looks and coat type they would wind up with.

I am no good at posting pics, but maybe someone could post pics of doodles and water dogs for me so you can compare, just not in that lion clip they sometimes have ( sorry for any terminology issues, I don't know that much about Portis except liking the ones I have met.)