Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 08-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Felurian

Default Why We Donít Step In and Spank When Members Bicker

Most of the time when there is bickering and picking going on you all manage to work it out among yourselves with only a nudge here and there from the moderators.

And thatís as it should be - here.

There are plenty of places on the internet where the moderators keep viewpoints within a narrow range and set circumscribed boundaries for posting, and those places are fine, if youíre happy to hand over your rights to think and express yourself when you have a differing opinion, point of view, set of experiences so that no one gets their toes stepped on or their nose out of joint or has to be exposed to anyone elseís take on a subject. Itís also a good way to run things so that no one learns anything from anyone else, or is forced to examine their own set of opinions and beliefs or even has to stretch a tad to express themselves more clearly. Great places for the self-absorbed, the self-important to define and the rest to bleat in unison.

But thatís just not us.

Sure, itís a pain in the ass to moderate some of the prize fights here. But itís rare - if ever - that at least some of the participants donít come out a little smarter, a little more thoughtful, a little more understanding and a little better as people when the final bell rings.

And when all is said and done, and one of us is falling apart, often it's the person who has been in the ring with that one and gone at it the hardest is one of the first to give a cyber-hug and a cyber-shoulder.

Now, tell me, what could be wrong with that?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-12-2007, 06:41 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Now, tell me, what could be wrong with that?
Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

NVRMND
Old 08-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Top Dog

Throughly agree , Renee !! Very well put !! If anyone disagrees , I can always cut a switch and take them behind my wood shed ! Pants down and over my knee !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Just try me..

I like this forum *because* it is not heavily moderated, and people can say what they like, even if it isn't what I like. I love debates But I hope people can get along on a personal level. I disagree with lots of my friends
Old 08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Throughly agree , Renee !! Very well put !! If anyone disagrees , I can always cut a switch and take them behind my wood shed ! Pants down and over my knee !

Go Grammy!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Fishies!

That said, its often a good idea to go back and read this sticky once and a while.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
That said, its often a good idea to go back and read this sticky once and a while.
Good! I couldn't find it! lol
Old 08-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Top Dog

That was a good old post that can remind us that our attitudes sometimes show through our posts, and if we're condescending and belittling, it doesn't get the point across that we're trying to make very well.......unless the point is that we don't think much of the poster we're addressing!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Top Dog

This is Chaz's forum and I personally think that he has a great thing going . I must add that he doesnt seem to feel that he has to enter here much . He does in the mod section , but it's always for support . I'd love to meet him !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/