Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 08-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Naturally Natural

this actually may not be cherry eye -it looks like her eyelid is VERY inflammed, but its not the third eyelid coming out in those pics (from what i can tell).

she may have something like dry eye, where the eye fails to produce enough tears to keep them moist, or the eyelashes may be causing chronic deep ulcerations.

id get her to a vet. i know finances are a problem, but i DO seriously think that there may be medical treatments available for you that may help ginger out - i do not think, in my medical opinion, that the options are just surgery or just euthanasia.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Dog Show Addict

I'd have to agree with Doberkim,

I've seen Cherry eye come into work and it doesn't resemble it so much.

She does need medical attention though.. treatment shouldn't be to expensive (between $100-200 I'd assume depending on your area)

Poor girly. Let us know how things go!
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 08-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Water Junkie

Tessa I'm so sorry, ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) I agree with Kim, explore all, possible, options.

More (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) I'm here to talk whenever you need.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM
tessa_s212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Poor girl

You'll know when it's time. What's her way of life, does she seem bothered or in pain?
She's never awake long enough to really observe whether she's in discomfort or pain. She sleeps all day. You have to wake her up to go outside to go potty, where you then have to practically drag her out. She's always been a very strong willed dog that has never had any obedience training. You have to wake her up and show her her food bowl, where she no longer runs through house barking or excited about her food, something I thought she'd always do. She loves her food. She might wake up long enough to move a few feet, or might go to somebody's room, and then lays down to sleep some more.

doberkim, I told my mom what you said.. but she's still not very willing to take her to the vet. She just says, go ask your dad. He's not going to wan to pay. If its not life threatening, its not worth seeing a vet over. My dad didn't even want to take my brother to the hospital when he broke his collarbone. My brother cried in his bed for three hours before my mom MADE my dad take him.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Corgi bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa_s212 View Post
Does anyone know an average price range for cherry eye surgery? For a dog to be euthanized? Even if I could afford the surgery,...

So,.. within the week or so my mom is going to have to call our vet. He does home visits, but I'm not sure for euthanasia.

Gah.. so weird to talk about it. I can't.
My daughters English Bulldog had surgery for Cherry Eye. I'll ask her how much it cost.

Thanks so much Jessie for the summer siggy!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 PM
cocker mom

sorry to hear about your baby. My puppy is a cocker spaniel he just developed a cherry eye on his left just a couple of days ago. one vet was charging 4-500. for it to be removed and another one was charging 2-250. it just depends he is also only 14 wks when he will have it removed. Try not to worry about it too much my jake doesnt seem to be in pain at all and he never paws at it it just looks painfull to us, but I dont think it actually is.