Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Squishy face

Default Morning goopy eye?

For the past few days, Daisy has been waking up with her left eye all gooped over. My mom cleans it off in the morning ('cause she lets the dogs out to potty) and there is no excessive discharge during the day, and Daisy doesn't rub her eye. Daisy's eyes have always been slightly runny though. Could her left eye be having an allergy problem? I have been feeding Wellness and its helped with Daisy's skin allergies greatly.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Squishy face

19 views and not one of them had anything to say. Wow.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Top Dog

Duke wakes up every morning with goopy eyes. Ive never given it any concern because its only when he sleeps. I really wouldnt worry about it unless its happening all the time. Duke has an eye infecton one time and after you wiped his eyes within 5 minutes they would be goopy again. If its only happening when Daisy wakes up I wouldnt worry about it.
But Im not vet so if it causes you that much concern no harm in getting her checked out.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Squishy face

Well she's going to the vet today for her bordatella shot so I'm gonna have them look at her eyes while we are there. Thanks for the reply!