Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Active Pup

Default Some more news

Thanks to everyone that responded. I talked with the vet this morning and she told me that it definately the problem with the gate. They think it is her way of getting attention. The other dogs are jumping and barking but there is noyone biting so she thinks she can bite. They reassured me that my dog is super friendly and plays great with the other pups. They just dont want the problem getting out of hand so they banned her until its fixed. The problem I see is how can it be fixed unless she is in that situation. They told me I could come back there to check how the dogs respond but that doesn't really help her.
I also think she has no boundaries so I am looking at the way she is trained. Reading a book called " leader of the pack" which is giving me some suggestions.
Let me know if any of you have advice
Thanks again
Old 09-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Big Dog

Renee is right, There is a doggy daycare here in Kingston, sometimes they have no dogs, sometimes one, sometimes two, but it seems to be that there is never a worker in there playing with them, the dogs poo or pee on the floor, and this is petcetera here!!! It's known around ontario and maybe the rest of canada who knwos but... It baffles me, they just hire random people sometimes becuase they can work a cash register, the dogs sit at the window and cry wanting to get out and nobody even gives a crap. I'd rather have my dog rip apart my room than to take him there and pay like 14 dollars a day for someone to ignore him