Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-28-2004, 11:20 AM

We fed Addie from the table while we were eating. My hubby loved giving her bites. My vet also had a ROYAL fit....NO HUMAN FOOD EVER!!! Well...we didn't see the harm. She does sit like a true lady and takes her bite well mannered. BUT, when Hammie came along..we decided two dogs during dinner were just a bit much. So, they aren't even in the house while we eat. After dinner I give them leftovers if it's something they can eat. Hammie has no clue....just that sometimes his dog food is extra yummy. That's nice...he never begs or even pays attention when I'm eating (he's usually in at lunch time). OK..so my conclusion is this........Addie is now a bit of a pain if she's inside and we are eating...Ham could care less. So, I'd say give them leftovers........but I'd rather not from the table. IF Addie thinks we're eating......she'll be a monster, so afraid Ham will cut in. Meanwhile....he truly has no clue and doesn't care. I adore my pups....but actually at the table........no, thanks. And I'm an all time spoiler. lol
Old 09-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Big Dog

We eat at our island so it's higher up than a table. The girls wait patiently sitting at our feet, hoping to get something (which they usually do!). The only problem is when we get up, there are 2 big drool-puddles on the floor! Serene looks so dainty if you give her something on the end of a fork, b/c she delicately slides it off and eats it! If we're having something they can't have, we just have to say "back off" and they go lie in the hallway till we're done.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Show Dog

Buddy takes the food, although you are right, we do try and limit it to what he gets just so his diet is messed up...Codi is like a vacumcleaner, he eats anything and everything, from onions to potatoe peels, oranges, and fruit or veg...
Old 09-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

We have to be very careful with what we give our dogs. Our Westie seems to have a very weak stomache and if we give her ANYTHING remotely heavy like, dairy or spicey in the least, well .... I'll have a big carpet cleaning bill... and my Cocker Spaniel ... anything spicy or like pepperoni like, you wouldn't be able to stay in the same room with her, and she usually sleeps with us
Old 09-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Felurian

Sounds like Codi and Shiva could wipe out the entire field in an eating contest!