Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Top Dog

Default Who feeds their dogs tripe?

I am no expert at all about tripe I do know that some tripe is bleached so you should get the green tripe...
So, I am thinking of getting some tripe in to sell, canned tripe as I don't think our customer's would have the stomach for fresh and they arent the type to go out and purchase tripe from a farmer
What do you think of this product:http://www.naturalpetmarket.com/prod...uct_ID=tripett

The reason I picked this one is the price is a little more reasonable than the others. I don't want to replace a person's choice of feeding fresh raw tripe and meats, but, our customer's are just not ready for that way of feeding. So, to offer canned perhaps I can offer a little more variety to our Customer's dogs diets.
I will be selling Nature's Variety and Canidae dog foods. They are the best I can offer as we already have someone selling Natura, Wellness, Solid Gold and Eagle pack in the area.
Thanks for any input.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Don't encourage me..

My friend used to puppy walk for the Guide dogs association (seeing eye dogs I think you call them!) Which involved taking the pup into your home from 12 weeks until they are old enough to begin training at 1 year old. The Guide dog association used to give her tripe, (But it was sorta proccessed and re formed into a sausage type shape, not canned but like a huge salami wrapped in plastic) and biscuits (Kibble) to feed the pup on, she used to have to heat the tripe up in the microwave! The smell was incredible!!!! The pups were always in perfect health though! Not sure I could stomach feeding tripe personally, but I think it's all good stuff!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 06-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Top Dog

Tripe has a lot of benefits...BUT, I tried feeding it once and it grossed me out so badly that I have not since!! It was Solid Gold canned green tripe. I would still carry it though. My dogs really liked it. You could still carry the Innova...Solid Gold and Eagle pack and just price it just below the other place and then you would bring in the big business
Old 06-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Isnt tripe sheeps stomach?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Tripe is foul-smelling, foul-feeling, and foul-looking, and my dogs LOVE it! Our local butcher would toss most his tripe away, so we got it very cheap from them. Yes, it stinks and is generally repulsive, but it's so nutritious and a great treat for your dogs! (Raw, of course, and with all the yummy offal still packed in.)
Old 06-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
Tripe is foul-smelling, foul-feeling, and foul-looking, and my dogs LOVE it! Our local butcher would toss most his tripe away, so we got it very cheap from them. Yes, it stinks and is generally repulsive, but it's so nutritious and a great treat for your dogs! (Raw, of course, and with all the yummy offal still packed in.)
I'm afraid to know what offal is?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Felurian

Offal is Awful. You're right. You don't want to know

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Top Dog

Thanks every one. I am going to carry Tripe from the company I linked. We already have someone who carrys tripe from Solid Gold, but, they are out of the way for our clients. Thanks for every ones input
Old 06-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Quigleyfied

tripe is excellent.

one thing i have found is that feeding ground tripe still slightly frozen is a lot less gross than feeding the canned stuff.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!