Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2004, 12:07 PM

THE most wonderful dog I've ever known was a Dobie my brother in law had. They also had 4 children....and it was so amazing..with ALL children. This dog was the very best. Gorgeous....and so easily trained. She would come in the door and stop...and stay, until someone wiped her paws. OH, I LOVED her!! Truly the smartest dog I'd ever been around. One day she saw what I suppose she thought a threat outside their yard...she ran...and believe it or not, she tried to stop at the perimeter, but failed. She was hit by a car. No matter how many dogs I own that I adore........that Dobie was one fabulous dog that you just can't imagine...and just can't duplicate. They tried getting another pup from the same parents. She's nice and loveable........but not the caliber as that first amazing dog. It's a wonder I don't own a Dobe.......I have so much respect for their intelligence...just from that experience. I also favor GSD....they have also exhibited such an intelligence, if bred correctly. German shorthair pointers.....my neighbor has two. They live a bit away, and she is ALWAYS out looking for them. Seems those two are either curious, or wanting to be hunting...but it seems a pain to me. Course, you can't judge just by a couple. I think for either breed.........consider if you have enough time and space. They need both. Also...this neighbor doesn't have children, so I've no idea about the GSP with kids. All I do know from her is they do seem a bit hyper.