Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosefern View Post
-Wolves/Wolf-Hybrids
-Chow-Chows
-Akitas
-Rottweilers
-"Pit Bulls"

Including mixes of any of the aforementioned breeds. Technically, "Pit Bulls" aren't a breed, no more then "Retriever" is a breed. The dogs included in the "Pit Bull" grouping are generally American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. However, Indian Bull Terriers, Argentine Dogos, American Bulldogs, Bull Terriers, and Perro de Presa Canarios are also frequently mistaken for "Pit Bulls".

-Rosefern
Oh wow i know ppl with chows and akitas and rotties and they are ALL very sweet loving dogs. Buut seeing how fast things are going throught that govt there wont be any problems for meny meny meny years.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Including mixes of any of the aforementioned breeds
I honestly don't know whether to cry or laugh. I tell you I think dog owners who get targetted that way should legally force the entity making these judgements to pay for doggie DNA testing before declaring their dog is a mix of these breeds. I am just thinking how many dogs look part rottie, or part pittie and probably arent. And who declares a dog a wolf hybrid? I mean there are entire breeds that have a "wolf appearance" to the naked eye. That doesn't make them hybrids.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Buut seeing how fast things are going throught that govt there wont be any problems for meny meny meny years.
That could turn out to be very untrue if LOCAL governments adopt these rules as ordinances. Local governement can move very fast when it wants to.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
I honestly don't know whether to cry or laugh. I tell you I think dog owners who get targetted that way should legally force the entity making these judgements to pay for doggie DNA testing before declaring their dog is a mix of these breeds. I am just thinking how many dogs look part rottie, or part pittie and probably arent. And who declares a dog a wolf hybrid? I mean there are entire breeds that have a "wolf appearance" to the naked eye. That doesn't make them hybrids.
Yes that could be a problem because the coloring of Rotties comes up in meny breeds. I have a Gordon Setter and i would be worried someone would think he was a rottie mix, but i have the paper work showing that he is purebred.