Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 07-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Oh. I'm out of the loop. Guess they don't have to worry then.

LOL. In only heard it through the grapevine on another forum a few months back. The site and some who participated are under investigation.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
LOL. In only heard it through the grapevine on another forum a few months back. The site and some who participated are under investigation.
Not surprised by that.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
Not surprised by that.
No kidding . . . people talking openly about having cat mills and things . . . It's just sickening. I guess it's too much to hope for that some got prosecuted.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Jerk.

The site is still there, was there a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 07-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
The site is still there, was there a forum?
Weird. I tried getting it yesterday just to make sure it was still down before I posted what I did and it was. Hm.

As far a "cat mill" is concerned, it's also termed a jenny and is no different that a hot walker for horses.....in fact it's based upon the same principle and design. Instead the dog owner hangs a piece of hide or a toy for the dog to try and get and some owners don't use anything. I've never heard of one old time APBT owner using a live animal on a jenny.......that whole theory came about with the HSUS trying to get their 15 minutes of fame in the 1970's (as did the bait dog theory).

Let's just remember people that all the media-proclaimed "dog fighting paraphernalia" is not so in the hands of responsible people. I own a slatmill for my dogs....so does my friend with in Aussie (in fact, she got that mill from me and her dog loves it). I own break sticks. I vaccinate my own animals except for the rabies vaccines (as to many of you all). I have multiple dogs as do many of you all. Yet according to the HSUS, I'm a dogfighter, yet if I had all the same "paraphernalia" yet owned a different breed it would be nothing.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
As far a "cat mill" is concerned, it's also termed a jenny and is no different that a hot walker for horses.....in fact it's based upon the same principle and design. Instead the dog owner hangs a piece of hide or a toy for the dog to try and get and some owners don't use anything. I've never heard of one old time APBT owner using a live animal on a jenny.......that whole theory came about with the HSUS trying to get their 15 minutes of fame in the 1970's (as did the bait dog theory).

The post I was read was definitely talking about a cat mill using cats. They said eventually abandoned the cat mill because "it attracted too much attention."
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I've never heard of one old time APBT owner using a live animal on a jenny.......that whole theory came about with the HSUS trying to get their 15 minutes of fame in the 1970's (as did the bait dog theory)..
Well maybe the "Old Time" dog fighters never did it but it is a fact that in the cities (like my home of Milwaukee) they do use cats (duct taped paws) and small dogs as bait for dog fight training.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
Well maybe the "Old Time" dog fighters never did it but it is a fact that in the cities (like my home of Milwaukee) they do use cats (duct taped paws) and small dogs as bait for dog fight training.
And it's a **** shame.

I wish the HSUS would quit printing their "How To Be a True Thug and Train Your Overweight Mutt To Fight" articles. That's where people are getting these cruel and insane ideas.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 AM
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groch View Post
OK, I'll bite, I guess the article has me fooled too. Why would you need a break stick if you had a happy non-aggressive Buster Brown type pit bull?....

This does seem to somewhat contradict an argument that behavior is all environment and no genetics. But a break stick sounds like a good thing to have if your dog in contact with others.
Its kind of like asking "why would you need a leash for a greyhound that's never seen the track?" Its an insurance policy.

I don't think any Pit Bull person with sense would ever say that the breed's temperament is strictly environmental. You can't override hundreds of years of being bred to do combat with other animals by simply changing the backdrop. You've got to know what you're dealing with to be successful with the breed.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...