Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Active Pup

Default German sheperad...

Hi guys,
I'm new to these forums and have never owned a dog however my uncle who lives upstairs(my family and him share the house). Has a very nice white boxer and i have always wanted a dog of my own. I wanted a husky originally but was told most our high strung and can be pretty nippy and shed alot so i ruled them out. My second favorite dog would be a german sheperad( forgive my spelling) or a german shepard mix of some kind. However i;ve heard people say that they tend to get loyal to only one person and seeing as i have a little brother who probably wouldn;t be as intrested in the dog i would be scared of this happening, is that a myth or true? Also how do you socilize a dog? I know theres obidience school which i intend to bring my dog too but are there other things i should do to. Also does it matter if you buy one as a puppy or an adult? do females and males vary in any physical,mental or tempermental wise? Also id there such thing as giving your dog to much excerise i.e walking him/her everyday? How do you socialize a dog to otehr dogs and is it possible to get my cats to get along with this future pet? Which would i have to be more consierned about that cats being hurt by the dog or the dog being hurt by the cats? Also are pet stores a good choice to buy from or are there like dog expos where u can buy from special breeders? How can u tell if a dog has been poorely breed and may present problems in the future?
Sorry for all the questions but he/she will be my first dog and i want to mke sure i cover everything.
Thanks alot